The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

The ultimate street galant in the making? Cheekychimp's

curtis

I want pictures PM'd before the world sees...... I want to be the first to see the monster I've been so much a part of.}:D

By the way your crazy honda part came in. KC would be so proud. I want one damn its sweet. After yours is in you'll have to give me directions on how to hook it up.

I haven't looked through the other stuff for the stuff you asked about. I've been roofing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif I 'll try to get it unboxed and PM tonight.

And I expect to be fourth or fifth...You are using my cas, after all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif That makes me the car's secound dutch uncle in law or something, right?

Myles

Quote:
And I expect to be fourth or fifth...You are using my cas, after all. That makes me the car's secound dutch uncle in law or something, right?

You are the cars father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Anybody Anybody.

I just can't wait to see pics

Quote:

You are the cars father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

"So what does that make us?"
"Absolutely nothing."

cheekychimp

You guys are killing me ... I'm going to bed but I'll do this before I go. First for the disbelievers ...

New headliner, main hoop and vanity light with custom bezel

Visors and Mirror!

Harry's harness bar brackets to tie the main hoop into the B-Pillars

Roll bar cladding ... needs tidying up but I've got that covered a bit later!

Rear Seats are in and fit but it is tight with the cage :-

curtis

Going to bed......There's work to be done ......Sleep is over rated.

Damn those seats look good. Give me measurments on the extra suede and I'll get the neighbor to get the pieces so I can ship them with the other stuff.

cheekychimp

I will. There is still tidying up to do. We tried measuring for holes for the rear OEM seat hooks but it was impossible because with the seats in place we couldn't get in to measure. So most of the holes are bigger than they need to be. Tomorrow I'm going to grab a length of thin aluminium stripping and measure and cut holes in it with the seats off. Then I'll screw the aluminium in place on the rear parcel shelf over the existing holes to tidy it up. It isn't necessary, but I'm anal.

The rear is going to be a real PITA now since Andy couldn't get the Pontiac parcel shelf for me (someone threw it in the garbage). It needs a humped parcel shelf badly! Time to get creative.

OldHairyBastard

^^^Custom always fits better anyway. Long hours ahead of you but it will be worth it in the end.

Doug

Romanova

Paul,
Looks hot! Are those Teins for your present Galant or were they from your old wrecked Galant? If they are a E39A application, you want to sell 'em? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Keep up the good work!

They look like ec5w galant not e39a, sorry Tyler /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

cheekychimp

Quote:
Are those Teins for your present Galant or were they from your old wrecked Galant? If they are a E39A application, you want to sell 'em? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Quote:
They look like ec5w galant not e39a, sorry Tyler

Damn, you guys don't miss much. Back to the grindstone !!!

curtis

Love your new name..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Quote:

that bezel looks standard, or am i missing something? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Quote:
This thread is better than crack.

+1!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rausch

^ +2.
this is going to be even more fun to watch than it already has...
(p.s. Paul- after some debating, i have the pumps on order, but we do need to discuss new Reservoir options, as it occurred to me that with the pre oiler guy, the current choice cannot hold enough volume. this just dawned on me last night.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif)

cheekychimp

Quote:
Quote:

that bezel looks standard, or am i missing something? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

We had to extend the hole to clear the roll bar, the bezel was necessary to cover up the hole left to the front after we shifted the light back. This is a better photo showing the plastic plate in close up (thanks for the compliment that it looks standard!)

Aaron, I'll PM you later. You are right. The after-oiler is huge. I still haven't figured out where these two accumulators are going to go. They certainly won't go in the engine bay!

Today was fun by the way. To anyone fiting one of these bars in a street car, don't expect the interior to fit properly. It pushes up the headliner so far that the edge trims don't touch not to mention there is no room between the bar and the liner to fit in the roof edge trim. We had to shift the liner over to the drivers side, cut the trim into two pieces and fit it either side of the bar and then raise the trim on the passenger side and relocate the B-Pillar higher. Came out surprisingly well but it broke me heart to have to cut these perfect trims and remove fixing tabs I had religiously protected throughout the build. I guess in the end it doesn't matter, the roof will never be coming out again!

cheekychimp

The front seats are killing me ... they were a tight fit in Curtis' car but with the cage in they are huge! Beginning to think I might have bitten off more than I can chew. Tomorrow is a last ditch attempt. We are going to cut 5" out of the centre of the power frames and drop them right onto the floor of the car then relocate the seat just off centre on the sliders to see if we can clear the main hoop and front OEM seat mounts! Wish me luck!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts