The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

The ultimate street galant in the making? Cheekychimp's

Rausch

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif oh no!!! good luck man!

I saw some pics of that GTO interior installed in the rear before, With this more recent pic of the rear seats did you get a better fitment than that last picture? If so can you post some better pics on how that rear seat fits in, it looks REALLY nice, I might like to look into that vs getting a set of the leather evo inteior.

cheekychimp

I warn you that fitting the fronts is a lot of work but that is mostly due to my stubborness in wanting to retain the power frames. I'm sure it would work easier if you used either the standard VR4 bases or some modified recaro/sparco sliders. You will also have an easier job if unlike me you are under five feet as these seats are already tall.

My power frames are now cut down and welded back together. Originally 18" wide, now 13" allowing them to bolt straight to the floor. Now it is a question of position the seats on them to get them as low as possible. The sliders have room to move but the risk is that sitting the seats too low will mean the seat itself restricts movement hitting the crossmember where the OEM front seat mounts are. Curtis suggested cutting that cross member out. My mechanic is dead against it stating that it will reduce rigidity of the chassis. Any thoughts on that. I'd like to just cut it a bit lower. If I end up using the GTO centre console I can route the A/C through the centre console vents and dispose of those under seat vents but I'll have to reroute the wiring that crosses the cross member there.

cheekychimp

Well seats took far longer than I expected and were far more of a PITA than I expected. I decided to take a break from the shop for a few days. There are a few things I needed to do that I had no place to sit down and concentrate on. So I spent a few days at home working on some other stuff.

Some of you may remember my thread about fitting DEFi gauges in a manual A/C centre console section. One criticism was that once installed in the car, the gauges are hard to read because they point down. I had that project on hold for some time until one day I was looking at the cups DEFi supplies to mount those gauges on the dash. I never liked the dash mount solution. Too many wires everywhere! The cups had some bracket slots molded onto them. I took them over to my friend Gong-Jai and borrowed his grinding wheel for 30 mins and ground those off, brought them home tidied them up with a multi-master and sprayed them. Then I mounted them in the A/C control holes, 'spot-welded' them with superglue and once I was happy with placement I sealed them in properly at the back with black silicone. Initially the silicone was just intended to fill in any gaps and I was going to go over everything with epoxy, but the cups are so solid now I decided not to bother. Since the cups still move very slightly, I imagine the rubber/silicone will also help absorb vibration.

The next project was relocating the Beltronics remote radar display to the clock position. I sized this all up a while ago as I wasn't keen on keeping my clock, but I was still somewhat hesitant to start hacking the surround as I didn't have a spare. I finally plucked up the courage and just went very, very slowly cuting a little bit at a time until I could just slot the display in. The bezel is held in place by epoxy which is painted black. I have only gone round with a paint marker as a 'primer' so far. I'll probably mask off the display and bezel and do a final spray of black paint before I install it.

Last edited:

steve

VERY COOL. Pics with gauges mounted?

Rausch

Little update Paul. pumps have shipped, lines and fittings are ordered, a few parts on backorder till the 15th, we just need a res. and a difinitive on the cooler. i'm gonna make something to use as a mock up for testing.....i have the gauge sender location right after the pump as it stands, figure this would be the first place a loss of pressure would indicate, but i think i might move it to just before the cooler....PM me when you have time to get the rest wrapped up....so close now, I'm very excited!!! P.S. Lookin good mang!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rausch

Oh hell no! i can't wait to see it all done, and am so enjoying the build process. i love it! it's quite cool to see things happen from start to finish. especially on a project of this size. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Rausch

thats hot....and since i'm beside myself with excitement....here's a pic to add to the collection! (i had to, i'm way too excited!!!)
super secret info to follow upon completion! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

curtis

Ancient Chinese Secret huh

Confucius say man who goes to bed with itchy butt wakes up next morning with stinky finger. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Rausch

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gifSHHH!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Wait........ I got it! mini electric turbos for that EXTRA boost! Ha we know the secret

Rausch

Paul has all kinds of injection, but thats not what these are for.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

I'm going with pumps for cooler circulation. Either the air to water or the gearboxes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts