The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

The ultimate street galant in the making? Cheekychimp's

Bimmubishi

We all do! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Those dudes can make it happen. The thing is that none of these diffs have anything to do with gear pitch since the gears aren't attached to them yet. He should be able to use what he's got. We still need to know if it's a 22 or 23 spline t case though. I emailed TRE this long email and he replied

"Thanks, Jon"

I had a good laugh over that one.

turbowop

I could swear I'm seeing a gear attached to that center diff. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

If it's as simple as just swapping out the gear to the diff unit, then well, that's pretty simple. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cheekychimp

Quote:
"Thanks, Jon"

I had a good laugh over that one.

Al,
That's actually not funny !!!

Quote:
Its like a laptop touchpad. AKA a mouse if you will. I suppose hell have a PC hidden in there somewhere /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

lol You're pretty sharp arent you. You wouldn't have to suppose if you read his post where he described the computer setup going in the car.

3Diamond

???

NADA just tuned in. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Im kinda lazy and attracted to shiny stuff. Sooo anything that has either pictures ot technical stuff get my attention.

Although...now that we ARE on the subject why didnt you get a touchscreen in the first place??

cheekychimp

I have got a touchscreen. They work great for the front end MP3 player etc but they can be a pain to use with more intricate programs especially the software for the DSMLink and the GPS. A stylus might solve that but I'm just so adept with one of these touch pads since I had it on my Mac before, I just find it second nature. I'll have plenty of options for stuff anyway with the USB Griffin Powermate set up to run tracks and volume/mute etc on the MP3 player. It will be quite a system when it is all in believe me.

I'm seeing all this stuff your buying for your car. But i'm wondering what the car looks like right now. Also are you gonna paint the car also? If so what color?

cheekychimp

Quote:
I'm seeing all this stuff your buying for your car. But i'm wondering what the car looks like right now.

It looks a mess !!! It's jacked up in a garage downtown and it's almost a bare shell whilst the chassis is being seam welded. I ought to go take some pictures for the before and after.

Colour : Black ... always has been and always will be !!!

I can't wait till this thing is all done. I wanna see this like brand new GVR4. Yeah i would take some before and after shots.

cheekychimp

Quote:
I can't wait till this thing is all done. I wanna see this like brand new GVR4.

+1 ... you and me both. It's been a long wait and well over a year pouring over the internet deciding on which parts and how to do it. I can hardly believe I'm only a few weeks away from getting all the parts together. I hope to have a rolling chassis being at least run in sometime after September.

number3

More work...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Less posts...

He's just running interference for the BMW so we won't know if it's running yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CP

"He's just running interference for the BMW so we won't know if it's running yet."

As of Saturday, it wasn't. From the cursing, I'd guess electrical issues.

Bimmubishi

Harry, snap the whip damnnnnn! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cy, the car is running. (phew) it took a hell of a lot of work but I learned a Shi%load this week about this motor. It's so damn sensitive to any minor fuel changes compared to the 4G63. It won't start with the 850cc injectors, period. I have to shut the pump off and crank it with residual fuel in the cylinders, then fire the pump once the car is running. Needless to say the ECU is being sent out this week and I'm going to miss another event. The body harness is done. I can loom it now that the car is working.

I had to back the AFC low throttle settings out 50% across the board and back the FPR out to about 28lbs to get it to start.

It backfires and shoots blue flames every now and then which makes me quite randy.

Anyway.. enough of that. I'll have some more to say about that later. Here are some more Galant parts. Talk to Paul on these.. they just show up at the shop and we can only guess who they're for.

One more just to show that I have no life and I'm at the shop 13-14 hours a day trying to get this POS on the track.

cheekychimp

Quote:
Talk to Paul on these.. they just show up at the shop and we can only guess who they're for.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Plenty of stuff still to come ... you will have more cashflow SOON !!!

I'm going to need one of your SS Fuel pick up housings as well !!! BTW did you get a look at Mike's car to decide if there are any issues involved in hooking up the hydraulic handbrake the way you suggested ... I was under the impression I'd need to run another separate caliper for the handbrake !!!

Paul.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned