The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Stock horn=homo? Looking for sound clip of aftermarket horns

kitcho

my 2 previous cars were a 1990 Corolla SR-5 which had an awful horn and a 1990 Accord EX-R which also had a pretty terrible horn. The galant's horn sounds just fine in comparison. :shrug:

LMAO. One day I was tootling along listen to some music loud and went under a railroad crossing where the train is at grade so the undercrossing is this big dip with concrete walls on the side. Just about that time a firetruck got behind me and and decided to move me out of the way and honked and it really scared the the crap out of me, too! I nearly wrecked my car (was an old Toyota wagon). I think you can go too far with the horn thing because you don't want the people you honk at so scared out of their wits that they freak and hit the breaks or spin out or swerve into the next lane etc.

Quote:
click

Here ya go. The guy that works at the bike shop net to me has a train air horn on his Jeep. That is the loudest horn I have ever heard. He scared to crap out of me one day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Horns off Z32 Nissans are definitely some of the most weaksauce horns I've ever heard!! Slightly OT, but I'm trying to get my horn working again after installing my aftermarket wheel (momo), and detachable hub. For some reason I thought that the horns always have power going to them, and by pushing on the steering wheel, it creates a ground allowing the horn to go off. I checked with my multimeter to see if there was indeed power at the horn when the car is running, but there was none, so I guess I'm wrong regarding how they work.

Anybody with a good link they like to share?? I'm sure I'm not the 1st one asking this... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

The best bet for a cheap loud horn is a Fiamm. I think the are italian but I could be wrong. They used to sell them at pep boys and JC whitney carries them. Its a combination low and high note that is a loud blast but not obnoxious huge air horn that will make your ears bleed. They are like $15 from JC whitney. I have them on my galant and put some on a buddy's TC that had a really weak sounding horn too. My dad used to run them on his motorcycle just so people would pay attention if they were cutting him off or something.

Ralli380Gvr4

Alpha horn

I've heard good things about MITSUBA horns.

Last edited:

kahlenberg is what im gona get... and at least 150db it will be... no dumb ass mofo playin their music is gona back up into me again and not hear my horn!!!

wait till 1 min 27 seconds into video this is almost similar to what my galant will have /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

click

pachood_1953

Quoting atc250r:
One of the Diesel Ram guys around here has a train horn set up. He was blowing it at a car show last spring but the cops came and started giving him grief about it. In any case, you can get a complete set up for under $300.

John

My friend has those on his mini truck..He runs 200 psi because his truck is able to hop..Imagine what that sounds like.

I have never heard a horn so loud.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned