The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Stock horn=homo? Looking for sound clip of aftermarket horns

beaner

Those aftermarket "air" horns sound very homo. The best horn I have yet to hear is from my parents old '99 chevy blazer.

G

Staff member
Those hellas are nice & will scare the sh*t out of anyone walking through a cross walk in front your car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Or if you can find a pair of mitsubas they are nice also : click

Last edited:

G

Staff member

atc250r

Staff member
70's to early 80's full size Cadillac (DeVille, Fleetwood, Brougham) or Oldsmobile Ninety Eight horns 4TW! I've been meaning to get over to the junkyard and scoop a couple of sets up for a while now. The Galant needs a real horn and so does my beater.

John

atc250r

Staff member
At $400 or more for a basic kit, it'll be the one I'll never buy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

atc250r

Staff member
One of the Diesel Ram guys around here has a train horn set up. He was blowing it at a car show last spring but the cops came and started giving him grief about it. In any case, you can get a complete set up for under $300.

John

Gvr4-330

My Honda has one of those Stebel compact Italian air horns. It sounds like a Ferrari horn. I love it, but the first time my coworker heard it, she couldn't stop laughing.

Check out the website for soundclips of their airhorns: click

Mine is the Stebel Compact Nautilus. They do have other non-homo horns though.

Rob

Last edited:

14u2nV

Quote:
Those aftermarket "air" horns sound very homo. The best horn I have yet to hear is from my parents old '99 chevy blazer.

This one doesn't. I don't remember what kind it is, but it's a very nice one.

I'm not sure where you live but if want to buy a horn at cheapest price, I would try harborfreight for a loud horn.

I've been looking at the horns there for awhile. I am afraid to use the horn on gvr4.
it's almost as if the horn was not really a horn. infant cries louder than the horn. shame, shame, shame.

14bCrazy

Quote:
is this a subaru forum???

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gifSo true it seems like Subu guys believe that horns are a performnce upgrade.

curtis

I have one of these. I got at the last city auction the police cleaned out all the confiscated vehicles and this was new in the box and was going in the trash so I took it. It was going to replace the stock horn on the factory alarm but after playing with it its going to become the horn. When you double tap it it sounds like the sound of a police car..... burrrr. beeeeep.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

I unboxed it and found the number then a quick search on google produced this.

Audiovox AS-9903

ebay for sale cheap.

curtis

Same one cheaper but only 3 available.

ebay number 2

If you look at the instructions on the above post it shows how to eliminate different sounds it makes. I guess you could change the order also.

MMCVR4

Quote:
I've always wanted that Ferrari sound. I forget the brand, though.

FIAMM

alik

If you think Galant has a gay horn, check out the horn on the first gen Miata. Sounds very much like a scooter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts