The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

number3 on the move...

JNR

Isn't the 3G MAS (#482) relatively non-restrictive?

*sigh*

Ok thats what I suspected.

The only thing I don't like about the GM MAF's is that they are kind of obnoxious in that they sit right there in the middle of the IC pipe. I really like the clean look of not having anything interfere with intake or IC piping.

When is the latest form of dsmlink that uses speed density supposed to be released?

After I get done purchasing a MAFT, dsmlink and appropriate sensors I may as well just spend the extra money and go with the AEM EMS.

Thanks for the info guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

boostedinaz

The new version of Link is still int he works with no release date as of yet.

Mike let me ask you this,

Do you plan on tuning the car yourself?

Do you plan on wanting to mess with the tune on your own?

Do you mind having to call a tuner if you have a problem with the car?

Money isn't always the issue.

Last edited:

Brianawd

Quote:
seems like dsmlink is just a program for logging parameters, not an actual engine management system that replaces the ecu, just works with it.

This right here tells you it does more than just log.

Just going off of what you have posted Dsmlink would be the better chose for you. But if you have your hart set on AEM then go for it. They both work great and both can do a lot. I would say if your wanting to go full kill mode then AEM. If not then dsmlink. Like I said before people have gone 9s on link and made over 800awhp.

Polish

Someone went 8's on DSMlink now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

2265889008_22f4000e34.jpg

As sad as this picture is for Harry, I am sure that it brings joy to #3's new owner. I could not help but think this picture is a "changing of the guards".

If I was looking for a more updated way to tune the car I think that I would go with the maft-pro, this will allow you to run speed density.

click

Josh

Brianawd

Quote:
If I was looking for a more updated way to tune the car I think that I would go with the maft-pro, this will allow you to run speed density.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Brianawd

Quote:
Wop seems to like his, it seems pretty good when used with a chip...

We have almost the same setup and I'm trapping almost 10mph more than him at the same boost. I believe he also said that when money permits he will be getting dsmlink /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Brianawd

Quote:
Does he have his chip set up to play with timing?

Yes

Good lord! There was got to be more to the equation....it seems on paper, both units do very close to the same thing! I could be wrong....it's happened before!

Brianawd

Quote:
Good lord! There was got to be more to the equation....it seems on paper, both units do very close to the same thing! I could be wrong....it's happened before!

I don't know how aggressive mark is with his tuning. I do know that Lucas English of englighracing was using maft-pro and has since stopped using it. I think he said it was just to much of a pain in the ass to get set up and tuned right. Don't quote me on that as I could be wrong.

Interesting.....I am gonna be trying MAFT Pro on my mirage, so I am pretty interested to see the outcome. I am going to be using it with a chip set up for E85, and 1600cc injectors. I think I am going to add a second bosch 044 to the set up, when money permits. Sorry Mike, we got off topic! Go dsmlink, you won't be sorry!

Last edited by a moderator:

I love my megasquirt but its a full standalone and you need to know how to tune. Start up and idles like stock. Jon, what happened to your squirt? Didn't you end up getting a MS1?

Quote:

click

Josh

Basically heres what I'm looking for:

-no cutting of IC pipes
-no maf
-smooth idle
-ability to switch maps for pump gas and race gas use via laptop or some other computer device

So the maft-pro uses speed density which won't require the use of a mass air flow sensor? Where does the 5 bar map sensor go? The intake manifold or an IC pipe?

Quote:
Speed Density Mode: Is the ultimate in bolt-on tuning mods! The Translator Pro performs a true speed density calculation to determine engine airflow, allowing the user to remove the MAF sensor and use a GM 3 or our 5 bar MAP sensor. Allowing tuning by RPM and boost, the Translator Pro is pre-configured with base maps for most popular applications to get the user up and running quickly, just select the base map, injector size, and go!

Screwed into the manifold. Im sure you will need to install a air inlet temp sensor in the IC piping somewhere though.

Mike,
Just drive the car & enjoy it for what it is.

Put some c16 in it & re-tune on the dyno. Save your setting (write them down, whatever). When you refill the car with AZ premium '91, readjust your setting back to where they were.

Gordian79

Get a Haltech E8 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif You can switch maps at the flick of a switch.plus you can use stock mitsu isc to control idle,Direct fire,wideband control,boost control plus many more features.

number3

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned