The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Slave cylinder rod

Jeremoo

Hey so I’m using the LUK 05048 (05-048) clutch kit has anyone ever used it or had this problem? I replaced the slave cylinder the master cylinder but when the clutch is pushed down it doesn’t engage the clutch enough I fixed the bushings and play on the pedal assembly the only thing that fixed the issue was putting a longer rod in the slave cylinder. Literally like half an inch longer, anyone ever have this issue I changed everything else even the transmission so the clutch seems like the problem here or the pressure plate not being the right one.

Imback

It's not the bushing in the pedal assembly its where the rod and lever meet that get rounded out. It needs to get taken out and welded with a bronze bushing. I'm also on long island so if you remove it i can weld it for you.

PXL_20211102_180957895 (1).jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned