The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Clutch/Master and Slave cylinder problems

Specter

I have recently completed a 4g63t swap on fwd trans. I am facing extremely long clutch pedal travel. When the pedal is released an inch the car will start to move, but i have to completely release the pedal so that the car can move freely, there is a lot of travel and no pedal slack at the top when releasing the clutch. How can i correct this? While driving the clutch seems to be engaged also, there is some quite a lot of clutch slip. On high rpm as soon as the turbo boost increases, the engine revs fine but the car doesnt seems to be going anywhere as compared to the rpm. I have extended the slave cylinder rod, before extending it the clutch was not engaging at all.

What settings do i need to do to the master cylinder, slave cylinder in order to reduce the pedal travel? Do i need to replace the clutch and pressure plate also? I am using trans No. KF5M312RCKW. The clutch, pressure and the flywheel came with this trans. The clutch is around 9 inch in diameter.

Here is a pic of the set, not too good though:

img.php

grocery_getter

YOu have to do your adjustment under the dash on the master rod itself. Sounds like you ran out of travel initially, added the longer slave cylinder rod, and now you have too much travel, backing up the adjustment to the top, taking out all your free play. Fix:
Take out your tranny, fix the geometry on your clutch fork, make sure your clutch fork is in the right orientation, take out your doo dad longer slave cylinder and adjust your master rod.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned