The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Clutch issue??? I am assuming...I am hoping...

manikbastrd

The bleeder is a m10 wrench, and the nipple size I couldn't tell you, however it is definitely an m10 bleeder screw.

manikbastrd

Quoting G:
Order a speed bleeder for the slave. It makes bleeding virtually impossible to screw up.

I picked up an Autozone hand pump bleeder if that's what you mean. Do you need to bench bleed the slave as well or just the master?

mitsuturbo

I usually just crack the bleeder valve open, give it a few pumps, top off the reservoir, do it again, then let it sit there and basically gravity bleed for a bit. Shut the bleeder, top it off and call it good. I've never had to use a bleeder tool of any sort for the clutch. Maybe the tool you've got now will make it easier. I just never bothered because it wasn't necessary, even on 2g cars with the accumulator.

Oh, and i would suggest you get a DSM fluid reservoir. They're generally abundant in the junkyards. The stock ones on the VR4 are awful stubby little things.

manikbastrd

Thanks mitsuturbo,
I have a larger reservoir from my current part and I will be sure to switch over to the larger of the two. I am hoping that this solves a lot of my clutch issues.

Thanks again to everyone for all the help and advice. i will keep this post updated when I install everything.

G

Staff member
No, i mean one of these >> click

Or

One of these in ss >> click

Quoting manikbastrd:
Quoting G:
Order a speed bleeder for the slave. It makes bleeding virtually impossible to screw up.

I picked up an Autozone hand pump bleeder if that's what you mean. Do you need to bench bleed the slave as well or just the master?

manikbastrd

So I put in all my new parts, M/c S/C and stainless line, and still have some low pedal issues. The clutch master is adjusted to the end of the rod, and I am pretty sure at this point that it has to do with the flywheel or the shimming of the clutch...I don't know what else to do at this point. I will be removing the clutch fork boot to take some pics this afternoon I suppose. Anyone with any helpful advice is appreciated greatly!

G

Staff member
Pics of the fork in both positions would help. I'm betting they did not replace the fulcrum or maybe machined the stock flywheel to thin?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts