The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Not so Proud owner of #692 New engine

rdomeck

Well I guess the engine build is on......Crank is spinning and cams are not. I'm not sure if the tensioner was week or what happened, but the belt didn't break. Guess I get to fix the #1 cylinder that was a little low on compression! I am hoping that a $3500 budget will get me around 350-400 H.P. I run a fabrication shop so I plan to do all the work myself including making a new intercooler and piping along with redoing the 3" exhaust with better tig welded stainless all the way back to the bumper. I have been reading the book on getting the most performance from these engines......Anybody care to put there 2 cent's in on what modifications I should be doing or not doing? Cams, bigger displacement, turbo, etc.

DR1665

Welcome. That kind of scratch, combined with fabrication skills, should easily net you the numbers you like. If I could offer any advice, I'd say don't get caught up in all the 2.4L/GT42R/EMS nonsense. You should be able to put those numbers down with a well-tuned stock lump, 16G, and fuel.

Keep us posted, chief.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned