The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Not so new owner of #15/2000

tacolibre

Greetings!

I am the not so new owner of #15/2000. I bought this in the Seattle area around 12/15/12. Long story short it came broken from a high school kid but was somewhat drive-able. I put 2k miles on it thoroughly enjoying the screwed up trans, oil leak and ps rack leak right up until the water pump grenaded. I neglected it for 6months and left it outside But now its on the road to recovery. I have it in a nice clean garage on jackstands with a good list of parts on hand to start things off.

Known Mods:
unknown BOV
unknown tubular manifold
Some whacky mix of exhaust parts welded together

To do:
oil pan replacement(crushed by previous owner somehow?)
replace front p.s. rack
replace trans with used unit(already purchased, further questions about this coming.)
replace clutch as needed once old trans is pulled.
driveline rebuild (thanks JNZ tuning!)
TS&R high idle issues (Bad ecu from bad caps at minimum)
Change from VTA BOV back to stock? this is supposed to help fix the hard drop in power between shifts under load?
TS&R burning oil (Turbo Seals, valve guides???)
TS&R power antenna (stopped working since I had the Car)
Remove and replace stupid boost gauge that just flops around on the dash
reroute and clean up vacuum lines
New wheel stud
EZ-OUT and fender liner bolts...oh how I hate you

Last edited:

tacolibre

I work 2 hours away from the car sadly so i only see it every couple of weeks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

so no pics until then GSTwithPSI

Last edited:

turbohf

welcome!

Quoting coyotes:
Welcome. I live in the seattle area, there's a good number of VR4 owners in the area

checking in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif lol

tacolibre

Ok so here it is. Ugly but not so bad I guess. Looking for newer bigger place to work on stuff so until then it is parked here (under a cover thankfully)

BpuVR4

what's so ugly about it...looks good to m- except for the stuff inside.

Last edited:

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Oil pans get munched because Mitsu says to jack up the engine, using the oil pan flat area, and a block of wood.

Really.

They should have made a brace that sits on most common jack centers that allows holding of the oil pan rails on two sides.

Just saying ....

tacolibre

See guys! I try not to look THAT much like a redneck... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned