The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New Personal Best with 1837

prove_it

Too bad you already claimed it doesn't work....

GSTwithPSI

Quoting prove_it:
Too bad you already claimed it doesn't work....

After a quick hit of meth, it works just fine...I mean, you've seen what she looks like when you're sober, right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/runbarf.gif

prove_it

Kinda sad you can only get with older heavy ladies.....

You must be a bingo club creeper.

Last edited:

GSX_TC

If someone where to edit out the mustang it would appear as if your GVR4 is coyote swapped haha. Nice run Brett.

matt92vr4

Nice, congrats on the 12. What did you change in your tune?

GSTwithPSI

Quoting matt92vr4 :
Nice, congrats on the 12. What did you change in your tune?

Thanks!

For the tune: a little more boost, and a little less peak timing. The biggest help was a good launch, and being able to hit all 4 gears quickly.

Last edited:

GSTwithPSI

Well, took 1837 at the track again tonight. I ran a new personal best, but the car had so much more in it. My first pass was 12.8. The whether was cold (42*), which translated into the track being cold and poorly prepped. The first pass I spun all the way through first, and the car bogged as I hit second. The rest of the pass was clean, which netted a 12.8 @ 109mph. The 60' wasn't great, but wasn't horrible either considering how bad the car spun out of the hole.

I only made 1 other pass. I dropped the launch RPM to 4000 to get the car to hook in the cold. Apparently, it worked. I left the line pretty hard and felt a bang. The car then started wheel hopping pretty bad, so I let out of it and babied it back to the pits. Apparently, it's FWD now. I got it home and jacked up the front end. I can spin either front tire, and the drive shaft spins freely with the rear wheels still on the ground. I'm guessing I trashed the 3 bolt rear end. What's hilarious is it made the hour drive back from the track like nothing happened. FWD GVR-4 FTW /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

All else equal, a better 60' at 109 mph is good for a quicker pass, but looks like I'm done for the season. Here's a video of the run and a few pics of the day. Got to hang out with a few friends, so there's a few shots of their cars below as well.

1837 going 12.8

DSC01281.JPG

DSC01275.JPG

DSC01276.JPG

DSC01274.JPG

DSC01272.JPG

My car, my buddy Josh's WRX STI, and buddy Dan's 1G Talon.
DSC01267.JPG

A clean Syclone that was running 10's. I got to run with him my first pass.
DSC01247.JPG

DSC01258.JPG

Josh's STI
DSC01253.JPG

DSC01249.JPG

Dan's Talon
DSC01257.JPG

Why so serious Camaro?
DSC01279.JPG

DSC01280.JPG

Last edited:

strokin4dr

^This. I was thinking the same thing when you mentioned the hour long drive.
Could be worse though!

GSTwithPSI

Yeah, I didn't care if the VC got trashed so long as it saved me a tow truck ride. That transmission has been sh*t for a while now, and it was coming out this winter anyways. I've got a spare sitting on the garage floor ready to go in, I just haven't found time to do it.

I kinda thought I may have broken an axle off in the diff, as I've never seen a sub 400hp car clean the teeth off the ring gear. But, I wasn't sure if that may have also damaged the diff somehow. Again, I wasn't too concerned with it, since winter build plans also included dropping the rear subframe to recondition it, and upgrade to a 4 bolt rear.

prove_it

I also haven't seen many sub 400whp cars explode 3rd gear or the center diff, but hey I did. Things break when the torque is just right.

Blame it on the ethanol.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

strokin4dr

You get to check out the mods to that syclone?? 7.0@103 in the 1/8th, and extremely clean /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned