The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New Owner of 1837/2000

Brett Adams' Galant VR-4

89Patches

Just realized you still have the ABS rings on the front. SO needless to say you need to press the hub out of the knuckles to do the studs..

GSTwithPSI

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys.

I played around with getting the spacing right. It turns out I definitely need a 10mm spacer in front. So, in the rear I'd like to do 15mm to bring all 4 corners flush. I'm just trying to decided what spacer and course of action is best at this point.

GSTwithPSI

Quoting coyotes:
Ichiba is good, I used their 5 lug hubs on my 240sx, they are a known quality japanese brand.

Thanks, dude.

Quoting 89Patches:
Putting in ARP wheel studs should only take an hour or two depending how fast you work. The time consuming part it just taking the brakes apart. I have done this twice with my car.

Pulling in the studs in take maybe 10 mins to do all 20 (Or 16 in your case) No need to take your hubs apart to take the to get pressed in, That's just a waste of time and money. A breaker bar, jack stand, some oil for the stud, some washers (I used 6 bolt head stud washers 2 or 3 stacked)a hammer and a wheel nut. Like I said takes all of 10 minutes to pull in all the studs.

This is how I did my Galant, Mr2, my old Jeep and countless others I have done this for /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BTW If you have the ABS rings on the front still this method won't work on the car!

Can you elaborate a little more? How do the studs clear the dust shields?

Last edited:

prove_it

With those thicknesses, you can pick up the bolt on spacers and avoid new studs.

coyotes

that is as narrow as you can get bolt on type due to the width of the nuts that bolt the spacer to your hub.

coyotes

that's a lot of money to spend for 2 spacers. I'd just get the bolt on spacers and call it good. You aren't gonna hurt anything by going a little bit wider.

89Patches

Wow those are expensive wheel spacers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif For those prices you may as well install extended studs. I run 10mm spacers on the front of my MR2 and they only cost me $30 from Allstar performance, ARP extended studs (Front only) were $80 and open end wheel nuts were $15 for 25.

You over thinking about what god damn wheel spacers to get /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif Get ARP extended studs and normal 10mm spacers and spend a day off installing them. At least this way your setup will be more proper...

Last edited:

bobdole

Ichiba are not Japanese spacers. They are made in Taiwan. I deal direct with Ichiba if you need them. Sent you a message.

bobdole

I have the Project Kics spacers on my vr4. 10mm front and rear. They are the best, but are expensive.

prove_it

Agreed.

Brent just head over to a honda forum, you'll find more info over there... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GSTwithPSI

Quoting 89Patches:
Wow those are expensive wheel spacers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif For those prices you may as well install extended studs. I run 10mm spacers on the front of my MR2 and they only cost me $30 from Allstar performance, ARP extended studs (Front only) were $80 and open end wheel nuts were $15 for 25.

You over thinking about what god damn wheel spacers to get /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif Get ARP extended studs and normal 10mm spacers and spend a day off installing them. At least this way your setup will be more proper...

Eh, yeah, I overthink things sometimes. I was under the impression though, that extended studs weren't the prefered method here. Are 15mm spacers in the rear on extended studs still in the safe zone? Lastly, the reason I'm not picking up one of the cheaper spacers is because they aren't hub centric.

Quoting Jon:
H&R TRAK+ spacers are nice.

Yeah, but H&R doesn't make a 10mm 4 lug spacer for the Galant.

Quoting prove_it:
Agreed.

Brent just head over to a honda forum, you'll find more info over there... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Who the f*** is Brent? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Yeah Brent! Lol

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned