The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New guy from Mass with a 4G63 Ram 50 and now a GVR4

4g63mightymax

It idles pretty decently now...

click

I also sandblasted and painted the headlight brackets. So the 93 lights will be on soon.

gvr4-headlight-brackets.jpg

4g63mightymax

Headlights are on. Grille is not really.

gvr4-headlights.jpg

What's left?
- Make a better exhaust
- Attach wires to lights, horns, fans
- Sandblast & paint grille brace thingy
- Get it to idle lower than 1000 rpm
- Get more lug nuts, 2 per wheel is not enough
- Install window trim
- Maybe some other stuff

4g63mightymax

image-e1433249521464.jpg

4g63mightymax

So - I registered this today. There is still some trim that isn't attached here and there, but I'm pretty sure it's drivable otherwise. We'll see. Once I work out any drivability bugs it may or may not have, I'll sell it and start a new project! I can't wait! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4g63mightymax

Well, I drove the car for the first time around the block last night. No major surprises, and it made it home. So I guess that's good!

MellowVR4

That's a good start!

MellowVR4

I think if anyone else attempting to do what he did, they would've gave up a long ass time ago! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

4g63mightymax

Thank you guys! I appreciate that a few of you followed along through the whole process. There is still a bit more to do, but I'm really not sure where the car will take me next. I don't have a real use for it unfortunately, and I want to start some new projects in a bad way. I may end up fixing the one rust spot that the car still has just so I can say its "finished". If I do, I will obviously post the pics for your entertainment. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

the_underdog

Congrats Jeremy! I'm still amazed by your perseverance in seeing this giant job through. Well done!!

IncorpoRatedX

great work Jeremy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

4g63mightymax

Thank you guys, I truly appreciate it. It's looking more like I will have to fix one more area of it because people are scared of it. So I may have more updates soon.

I'm not sure this car will ever be as nice as yours Tom, but I'm trying like heck!

4g63mightymax

Nobody wants it, huh? Okay, I guess I'll keep cutting then. Anyways, onward with the metalwork.

I began by removing parts and breaking off pieces that were not going to survive this process. It seems that at some point in time, the left rear quarter panel was replaced and not seam-sealed properly where it meets the rear window. This caused a water leak. This water leak existed for a very very long time, and ate away at more metal than I thought. This is how I started to fix it.

IMG_2926.jpg

IMG_2925.jpg

IMG_2927.jpg

tektic

Since your in there welding and cutting now would be a great time to add some hole for some real speakers in that rear deck.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4g63mightymax

More late night work...

IMG_2946.jpg

IMG_2951.jpg

IMG_2952.jpg

IMG_2953.jpg

MellowVR4

Good to see that these repairs are being done to this car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

4g63mightymax

Yeah. I figure if I'm gonna be stuck with this car forever, I might as well fix this too since it won't take much effort/time. Once this section is sorted out, I'd like to coat the whole bottom of the car in some kind of undercoating / rust preventative coating. That way if I drive it this winter it won't get destroyed instantly.

tektic

Wish I added frame rail reinforcements before I did undercoating. Otherwise undercoating is a great idea.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned