The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ksport Camber plates

blacksheep

Is it true people are buying just ksport camber plates to work with other suspension setups like the evo struts and springs on a gvr4? I know Tein is NLA. Is anyone using the ksport the way I described it? Any other options out there nowadays? Thanks!

dsmless

I looked on there website but only found plates for dsm's. Maybe they are NLA, I was thinking just as a last option to redrill either the shock tower or the camber plates, undecided.

blacksheep

Yeah, we would have to drill the camber plate. I would rather do that than the tower. I think a DSM one in our car becomes a caster plate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

ktmrider

^^ Correct.

Tried D2 yet? The D2 coilovers came with GVR4 specific camber plates, not sure if they sell them separate and/or if they fit stock strut shafts.

blacksheep

no have not. Ksport still sells coilovers, I would think their plate would be available, separately? I just don't know if it will fit on the stock strut rod tho. I wish I could find some teins... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

KiNgMaRtY

K-Sport and D2 are the same. You can contact K-Sport through a vendor or directly to get a quote on them. I recall them not always listing everything available on their site for minority vehicles. That was the case when I have a Probe/MX-6

blacksheep

Quoting turbowop:
Maybe see if RoadRace can still get JIC plates?

Thanks wop, I will email them and see...It would still be 1G tho, right?

turbowop

No, JIC made/makes GVR4 specific plates. And they still make the coilovers in Japan, as I see them on the Yahoo auctions all the time, so I would think they are still somehow available. Use yer connections!

ktmrider

Quoting turbowop:
No, JIC made/makes GVR4 specific plates. And they still make the coilovers in Japan, as I see them on the Yahoo auctions all the time, so I would think they are still somehow available. Use yer connections!

Hey KC I'm heading to Japan from 3/27 thru 4/12, will be in the Tokyo area ( Kumagaya township, IIRC close to Wop's sister ). You find em, I'll bring em home.

blacksheep

Well, talked to JIC. They going to check on this for me...

I did find that hotbits also has a setup...

click

I contacted Larry about the coilovers. He responded, but I didnt hear back after I asked some questions. I hope I didnt upset him somehow. I could try asking him about these...

Last edited:

blacksheep

Quoting ktmrider:
Quoting turbowop:

Hey KC I'm heading to Japan from 3/27 thru 4/12, will be in the Tokyo area ( Kumagaya township, IIRC close to Wop's sister ). You find em, I'll bring em home.

damn, now pressure is on me... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

dsmless

I posted last this past summer the diffences between dsm and galant top hats, they were for tiens. I had them on 96/1000 when I had it maybe a quick search will bring the pic back.

G

Staff member
On those teins, the one with the recess is the vr4 right. I have a set of tein's on my dsm and I could of sworn they were flat like the one on the fender. Black here is a pic of my jic's camber plate I just took.

dsc00066fb.jpg

turbowop

Tein camber plates for the e39a are flat, just like the JIC plates. The recessed ones are for a DSM. That's why the ones you see mounted in the car are 90degrees off.

JIC and Tein plates are almost identical. The JIC's are a tad thicker, and the bearing plates are a little different, but they use the same spherical bearing.

dsmless

Quoting blacksheep:
gvr4 plates sitting on top while dsm plate installed?

Yes thats it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned