The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Camber plates

tektic

With a misalignment spacer and a 2.5 in spring top I think it could be set up. The piece I showed was engineered to fit on a car too right?

AllanL

universal camber plates

i'm sure those center pillow bearings will fit in here...Cusco's remade for the E3x Galant

if you need a drawing, I could probably get some to do it...

Last edited:

r4pt0x

Use camber bolts or expand the upper hole to a slot so you can adjust the camber down at the knuckle (the only place where camber should be adjusted!).
The struts adjust the king-pin inclination (i hope dict.cc translated this correct...) - which also adjusts the camber on an mcpherson, but shouldn't used to do so as increasing the inclination MASSIVELY worsens the camber (goes poisitve!) when cornering. So it's making camber worse when you actually need it.

Camber plates are best used to increase the caster, because an incresed caster angle will give more negative camber when turning the wheel in. So you can keep a relatively low static camber (= better weight distribution on the tire contact surface -> much better traction for acceleration and braking when driving straight on) and the camber gets more negative on the outer wheel when turning in.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned