The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Tein camber plates

dustyduff

I tried searching, but most of the threads at outdated, unless I'm searching incorrectly.

Where is a good place to purchase tein camber plates at a reasonable price. Preferrably from a reputable vendor. I recently bought a set of hotbits coilovers and didn't want to spend $200+ for a set. The thread I found on Ksport plated didn't leAve me confident in their quality. Thanks.

Whoodoo

The quality of the Ksports isn't that bad. Its just nit-picky stuff like how they shipped them with the studs facing inward so they got a little marked up. Also, they make the spacers specific for their own coilovers so you might have to do some work to get them to fit exactly right.

The biggest difference between the teins and ksports is that Ksport makes theirs from 6061 aluminum whereas the teins are made of 2017 which has a much higher copper content and therefore, is more susceptible to corrosion.

But to answer your question I believe you can get them from horsepowerfreaks.com.

Actually I just looked there and they no longer have them listed, so I don't know.

dustyduff

Thanks Whoodoo. I found some of the threads where folks were asking about ksport vs. Tein, and found some of the info you posted. The thread about the ksport ones was a bit inconclusive, and seemed to end after two folks (one must have been you) ordered them.

I tries the horsepower freaks links in one of the threads too, but didn't see anything listed at all. Appreciate all the info and hopefully someone can chime in with a vendor that may have them. I might have found someone who can get them, but I'm waiting to hear back. I'll follow up as soon as I have an answer.
Worse comes to worse, I might just bite the bullet for the hotbits ones.

Last edited:

G

Staff member

bobdole

These are special order from Tein. 2-3 months /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

They're special order from Japan. If you don't mind the wait I can get them. It would be good if a few more people needed them. I could use a set myself.

Whoodoo

I updated the Ksport camber plate thread. I'm happy with mine, but I did have to do some extensive modifications to the bearing inserts and the shock's spring perch. I think broxma was pretty frustrated overall with them because he ended up having to make a whole new insert and was getting some binding in the bearing. I don't know if he ever got that sorted out or not.

If there is any more questions about the Ksports I would like to address them in the other thread so that we can have all the information regarding them in one place.

dustyduff

Whoodoo, thanks for updating he ksport thread. Hopefully it will assist other folks interested in alternatives to the tein plates. The thread kinda died and I wasn't left with a comfortable feeling into looking into those further. Hopefully you update will assist othes in the future as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

I'll be sending a pm to Charles and Garfield to obtain pricing information. Thanks to everyone who contributed to the thread.

jcgalntvr4-244

Quoting Garfield Wright:
They're special order from Japan. If you don't mind the wait I can get them. It would be good if a few more people needed them. I could use a set myself.

Start a GRP buy mang Im in. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

mountaineerjeff

im strongly considering it as well, whats the wait time?

Sorry guys but I got word yesterday that these are NLA. I'm working on something local. Will advise as things progress.

curtis

I bought/traded for a set that are from a mirage/early evo part out. Hole for the pillow ball looks the same but the plate on top is different. Haven't tried putting them together yet on the car but the center spacer deal is the same size thread pitch as the evo 9 struts on the car and the 2 studs on those plates line up front to rear with 2 holes from the factory 3 holes the Galant engineers gave us if the plate is to small for more mounting points I can always machine out a new plate.

Maybe look into those /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

here's the ones I have

curtis

These might work as well as long as the measurements are close.

click me

Plus there cheap. If anyone has a Z32 to verify might be a good option.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned