The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Cusco camber plates for GVR4

e38a

I see a few old posts here and there of people having trouble finding the tein e39a front camber plates

here are what the Cusco front camber plates for e39a look like (used condition, Picture is for reference)

Part number - 517 410 A

You can buy them here - click

Last edited:

G

Staff member
The tein and cusco are still available. If anyone would like a set send me a pm.

e38a

Front - part number - 517 410 A
Rear - part number - 517 421 A

both fit oem type springs

e38a

KYB AGX Shocks
Zoom Springs (Japanese company)
Cusco Front Camber Plates / Cusco Rear Pillow Mounts
Koni Bump Stops
oem front spring hats/springs rubber pads - oem rear spring pad rubbers

Last edited:

G

Staff member
That's funny you have the zoom's. I just ordered a set 3 days ago. How do you like them?

e38a

i haven't installed them so i cant comment, but looking at them they look like a pretty good spring, the ones in the pictures are the e38a (rs vr4) part number version - did you get e39a version?

tektic

What would be the diference between the two versions? I own a e38a as well.

Last edited:

e38a

there is a difference in the part number - yellow series zoom springs vr4 - e38a ZMI019007SDF - e39a ZMI019008SDF - im guessing because the vr4 rs has no abs , electric windows/mirrors , no 4ws, sound deadening, rear wiper etc... the front has less weight than the e39a vr4, i reckon its just different front springs for the two part numbers and the rear spring is the same for both kits..

G

Staff member
Good question. I'll have to check which ones I ordered. I thought they offered 2 sets with different drop heights.

turbowop

Quoting e38a:
but looking at them they look like a pretty good spring

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Has anybody seen a spring that looks bad? What makes a spring look good?

prove_it

Backwards hat, smoking cigarettes, and prison tattoos all over.....

e38a

they have 3 spring versions per car/model , downforce (yellow spring) run of the mill lowering spring - super downforce c (greeny blue spring) has extra coils on top that can be cut to give different ride heights - & downforce hg (whitey grey spring) slighty stiffer than the 2 other versions - from what ive read on Japanese websites the hg spring dosnt have much travel and makes the car feel like it has next to no suspension travel. the yellow spring is quite a popular lowering spring in japan and seems to pair well with kyb new sr special shocks

tektic

kyb sr special shocks are made for the Evo 2/3 - CE9A. I heard the fit but are just shorter. Anyone know if this is true and by how much? I'd still like to find a shorter strut to put in instead of lowering a tall one till there's no travel left.

G

Staff member
I've seen the kyb sr shocks for sale for the e39a but have not looked in to them, and was wondering what the deal was with them compared to the standard red kyb's.

e38a

The new sr's are more of a factory replacement shock with slightly upgraded valving over factory shocks, i have a 96 diamante 3litre mivec with new sr specials, there been in the car for about 15 years, they still work perfectly. there not adjustable however. also im pretty sure the agx's are jdm kyb super special for street shocks painted red

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned