The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ksport Camber plates

blacksheep

That black plug like thing - is it a hole plug we can just pop out and use the 1g plate? Am I missing something basic here?

138787-0-0-0.jpg

Last edited:

turbowop

That won't work. The bolt holes won't line up properly as I've already tried. That's why I'm using Tein plates with my Muellerized JIC coilovers. They came with DSM plates unfortunately. Luckily I had a NIB spare set of the Teins on my shelf.

blacksheep

had to rub it in with the new set sitting there, didn't you? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

ktmrider

Quoting alansupra94:
Whoa you are going to Japan? BRING BACK JDM BODY PARTS!

LOL getting camber plates across the Pacific is easy, body panels or the like are a bit more challenging. I usually get a bunch of Subaru stuff from UPGarage Kasukabe specializes in Scoobie parts.

E39A parts are very difficult to find. Most are long gone from the country due to extremely strict emission and re-registration laws ( 10x worse than Cali if you can believe it ). It's why you see so much stuff come from Malaysia, the cars/engines/drivetrains get exported to avoid the crusher.

Whoodoo

I purchased GVR4 specific camber plates directly from Ksport for $194 a few years ago. I modified them for use with evo suspension, but don't think they would be a direct stock replacement because I think they are made to fit their coilovers.

boostedinaz

I think the inside diameter of the pivot ball is smaller than the shaft of the EVO struts correct? I had a set years ago but sold em when they didnt fit. Did you find another ball with a bigger ID?

curtis

Stock DSM and VR4 plates fit on evo struts so ID of all 3 bearings are the same. I ended up using stock evo plates on my car and just drilled 2 holes in the strut towers. They're a better design with more steel support rings and less rubber and besides drilling 2 holes wasn't a problem to install and very noticable improvement over the shorter height dsm ones I had on the car. When and if I ever get this f***ing eyesore done I have a set of tein evo plates for the front and a set of tein plates for the rear that are actually mirage front ones but I'll just make them work if not I think I have another rear set out in the pile.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned