The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Camber plates

bmxr152

Anyone know of any Camber plates that work with stock struts? I found some nice yoshifab ones but i have not recieved an email back on if the fitment yet. Im running evo bilstein mr struts and hate this positive camber.

bmxr152

Maybie just slot out the strut holes? I got a reply bqck from yoshifab and he said he thinks they should fit
i wad under the impression most Camber plates were made for 2.5" coilovers

ktmrider

Did you see blacksheep's thread on building a set of GVR4 camber plates?

Now I don't know if they will fit Ebo boingers off hand but they may be what you're looking for.

bmxr152

yes i saw his thread. I wasnt completely sure if he was using them on coilovers or stock style struts.

blacksheep

Well, I got bad news from Ade about the Yoshifabs...I had them built for stock style struts. Members of the board even sent them a DSM and gvr4 strut tower for measurement. I never put the set on. But, I sold them to Ade. He tried it on and said it does not work. I had asked him if he contacted Yoshifab and I even offered to email him, but I have not heard back...:(

bmxr152

Damn. Well i wanted to keep my evo Mr suspension. I love the ride. Before i had hotbits rally spec and didnt like the way they rode and they alwayd poped when turning. Guess ill get some teins and try them out.

prove_it

I have Tein camber plates on my evo suspension. They are the stock GVR4 replacement plates and work good. I think they raise the front a little bit though.

curtis

I have stock evo plates on mine and a set of evo teins in a box for it. All you have to do is drill two holes in the strut towers. Did a thread on it years ago.

bmxr152

okay so the tein camber plates for an evo work on the evo struts? I dont mind drilling some holes, as i did that on my 1g that had evo suspension. I saw road race had a set but they want like $285 and i just dont feel like spending that much on some camber plates.

bmxr152

A little update. I purchased evo 3 tein Camber plates new for 125$ from ebay. They bolted right up to the evo struts no problem. The only difference is the are two bolt strut mount but with a drill they can fit very easily. Between that and slotting the lower strut hole i got my Camber how i wanted.

I will be machining a spacers with the lathe so that the nuts sit up past the lip, but overall for the price they work great.

Last edited:

Brunoboy

Using the Evo 8/9 top hat would yield the same results once drilled.

bmxr152

That is what i was running before. i slotted the holes on the strut as far as i could and still had positive camber.

cobrajetguy

I was not satisfied with any of the off the shelf camber plate solutions for our cars so this week I built a set of plates. I designed mine to induce as much caster and negative camber as possible. Since our cars are so challenged in this area I found it pointless to make them adjustable as I know I would have them set at max all the time anyway. I built this first set for my rally cross 1G and will be building another set for my GVR-4 rally car once I shake these down. Here are a few pics of the process I took:

Peter

tektic

Been looking at camber plates lately check out these Mercedes plates on ebay the look like the could easily be redrilled for whatever car.
$_57.JPG

They are like the plates for the frs with a higher mounting point and there for more suspention travel.

I also like the spring tops I've been seeing with the bearing mounted in them.
Pedders-SportsRyder-top-roller-bearing-spring-mounts.jpg

Id like to make a set with the extra caster like the ones shown above but incorporate these travel increasing measures.

Last edited:

CutlassJim

Quoting bmxr152:
Anyone know of any Camber plates that work with stock struts? I found some nice yoshifab ones but i have not recieved an email back on if the fitment yet. Im running evo bilstein mr struts and hate this positive camber.

I can't think of the size off hand but all Mitsu cars use the same strut shaft diameter for the mounts. So Galant camber plates would work with Evo struts or Evo camber plates with Galant/DSM/3000GT/3G/Stratus struts. The easiest setup would probably be Evo camber plates (for availability) and redrill the plates themselves for the Galant bolt pattern. You could easily redrill the strut towers but I don't like cutting up my car unnecessarily.

You probably have so much camber because of the way whoever modded the struts welded the washers. These cars have poopy camber curves so unless you have really stiff sways and springs a lot of positive camber at ride height will give you the best handling.

Last edited:

prove_it

Positive camber at ride height? Are you sure, wouldn't you want negative camber?

prove_it

I wanted something like that with my EVO struts to help lower the vehicle some. My concern is with stock strut top hats, is there going to be enough clearance at full articulation between the top hat and the plate?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned