The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

I going to get sucked back into the Galant VR-4 world

citymunky

Well I got my downpipe in yesterday, so I decided to install my shorten CM exhaust.

CM exhaust on the left, JDM exhaust on the exhaust on the right.

The rear exhaust tip is not sticking out 6" like before.

Overall I suspect a little HP gain over the older exhaust while be a bit quieter as well. I one thing I don't like about the CM exhaust is the slip over piping. That was a pain to rotate the tail pipe section so the muffler didn't sit cockeyed with viewed from the rear.

Last edited:

citymunky

Picked up a set of old school 5zigen Heidfeld (17x7.5 +40, 4x114.3/4x100) off of CL today. The wheels are in good shape for the age. The only real "problem" is that the lips need to be polished.

I plan on using them for autocross days or any other type motorsport event.

citymunky

WOW times flies. I owned this car for over a year now.

Here is my car at Springfest 2017 (VA Beach, VA). Now that the show is over, it's time to focus on performance mods. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Last edited:

citymunky

Got my Planted Seat brackets in yesterday, so a few hours of work and here we go. No more sliding around in corners.

Last edited:

strokin4dr

Very nice!

citymunky

Sadden me, but my SSR SP1's (I love the way look on my car) will need to go to make room from some EVO Brakes along with a 5 Lug swap. However I was able to find a nice replace for them....BBS LM's (thinking about powdercoating that faces black).

Last edited:

fuel

*like*

citymunky

Change: 101.

After going back and forth in my head on turning my car into a road course weekend warrior, I decided on not doing so. In the end the car is SUPER CLEAN and 90% all original and systems like 4WS and ABS are still intact and work. I would be a shame (in my head to gut all this stuff if it still works) and mod the car past the point of no return.

I keep looking at Harold's on Speedhunters, and I wouldn't mind a time capsule like this with early 90's type of build with some modern touches like ECMlink.

To itch my track bug, I'll think I'll be better off racing my EVO X, it's overall better and more capable car out the box and if anything happens on the track at least I can still get new OEM body panels for the EVO, that can't be said for a imported VR4.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned