The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

How many PNW GVR4s are up and running?

raptorWagon

The only one that makes us all look bad is 1051 lol. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

raptorWagon

I think GST is trying to convert to the darkside and move to the PNW. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

mitsuturbo

I decided to tear my oil pan off and check some things out because i thought i heard a low rpm knock (idle to 2400 or so). It apparently isn't in the bottom end. There's no bearing material on the crank one rod bearing looked like it had a little wear on it but it's superficial. All bearing halves measure out the same thickness with a caliper. I am assuming something from "break in" having run through there. I'm replacing rod bearings and measuring everything again just to be sure. It will be back together by this coming weekend. I hope to take it to the track before the end of the month. I'm just super paranoid of anything going wrong with the new 2.3L in there.

I think maybe the sound could be the solid hub clutch. I just had to be absolutely certain it's not a something in the bottom end.

GSTwithPSI

Quoting raptorWagon:
I think GST is trying to convert to the darkside and move to the PNW. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Actually, that's where the wife and I would like to end up. I doubt it will happen as long as I'm in the military, though. Our current "vacation" fund is hopefully going to be used toward making a trip out there to check the place out.

If I could find a good job, I'd move there in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

raptorWagon

You got 4 naval bases, 2 AFB, and Fort Lewis, plenty of bases to choices depending on your branch lol. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

could always just end up working for Boeing like everyone else lol, not me though I like working outdoors and traveling lol.

GSTwithPSI

Well, as a testament to numerous amount of genius choices I've made in life, I'm in the Marine Corps...And the Corps ain't doing sh*t in the PNW.

I'd be looking for some sort of computer tech job in order for my current Military job skillz to transfer over. Although, I'm hoping to complete my degree before I get out, which will make it so I don't have to rely so heavily on my Military experience to get a decent job.

Not that any of that matters in regard to this thread. Even if I lived in the PNW, as of late, my turd is JSB more often than not. I feel like I wouldn't be in the "up and running" crew much /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited:

mitsuturbo

Well, i got mine put back together 99% last night. Noise i was hearing is definitely not coming from the crankshaft. All the bearings were plasti-gauged and are on the high side of spec at .002". I replaced the rod bearings anyway. They were all at .002" before AND after replacement. While there was no contact made with the crank, i suspect the usual "glitter oil" caused the ultra thin coating to wear off in a few spots. Especially on the top halves. After i put the D/S cross member, oil and plastic lower side cover in, it will be ready to go!

I had to clean up the D/S cross member and paint it last night, and it was getting late. So, this afternoon I'll do some more cleaning underneath and bolt it up. Since that particular part was never removed in the 5 years i've owned the car, the portion that goes under the PS rack was pretty dirty. Every time i remove a part i like to take the opportunity to clean up the 20+ years of dirt/oil that has accumulated with the notion that it will take another 20+ years to get that dirty again.

turbohf

i assume mine still runs and drives /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif lol. its back to pissing oil like an exxon tanker. i bought a truck and have been driving that. just havent gotten around to working on the galant. but im down to leave an oil spot at a meet. let me know.

Mdlimy

^^^I am down for that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Vince

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
Well, as a testament to numerous amount of genius choices I've made in life, I'm in the Marine Corps...And the Corps ain't doing sh*t in the PNW.

Sub base Bangor uses quite a large group of Marines to guard the nukes, so you still have options!

Vince

mitsuturbo

Quoting slugsgomoo:
Maybe meet at Evans shop on the 18th and head to ER dyno day on 9/19?

Sounds good to me, so long as Evan is okay with it. I hope to be there with no issues. Just put a bigger cooling fan in because it was getting hot in traffic when it was over 90 Outside.

RBK

Works for me.

All my Mitsubishi run.

GSTwithPSI

Quoting mitsuturbo:
Quoting slugsgomoo:
Maybe meet at Evans shop on the 18th and head to ER dyno day on 9/19?

Sounds good to me, so long as Evan is okay with it. I hope to be there with no issues. Just put a bigger cooling fan in because it was getting hot in traffic when it was over 90 Outside.

I just did this as well. Did your fan upgrade help?

Mdlimy

We need to get something going! Would be cool to do a bbq or something before the weather turns to sh*t...

Well....not only is 1137 running and driving strong but I made 4 passes at PIR on saturday and still drove it home!
Best I managed was a 12.64, absolutely no traction in first gear, need some better tires!

img.php

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned