The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

How many VR4's AREN'T left?

524of1000

Luckly, I do have the last VR4 in the world. And I'm holding it ransom for...ONE MILLION DOLLARS! MUAHAHAHAHAHA /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

donniekak

I would like to be able to know how many "good" ones are left. Funny story, my gvr4 had a 1990 gsx transmission and a 1992 non turbo 4g63 block in it when i bought it. My 1990 talon tsi has a 1992 gsx transmission and gvr4 engine block in it. Moral of the story, most of these cars are so fucked off by now from "mods" that i'm looking for a cherry car now, and if i find one it will stay that way.

Hertz

Staff member
Quoting donniekak:
i'm looking for a cherry car now, and if i find one it will stay that way.

Quoting 600of1000:
i have 600/1000 with 62,000 miles, cherry

There you go.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahano.gif

SmoothCustomer

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

skivittlerjimb

Another sad reality it that many of these cars saw duty in the rust belt of New England and the Upper Mid-West. They aren't particular good at avoiding frame rail rot, so I'm sure plenty of the cars delivered to their original owners in that area have simply succumbed to rust. 53/1000 was very rusty when I sold it to Compact Tuner, who then re-sold it pretty quickly himself and I'd be surprised if it hasn't been parted out and crushed yet. 1432/2000 got a lot of love and abuse from me, but it had a bad case of rail rot and I sent it off to the recycler (after stripping it clean of parts of course) about 2 months ago.

If you could get the sales data numbers from Mitsu, I bet close to 25% of those sold in VT/NH/ME/MA and MI/MN/WI have "died" this way and only a slighty lower percentage in places like RI/CT/NY/PA/IN/OH/IL. Pretty much any Honda/Toyota/Mitsu/Mazda that's lived it's life in VT lasts 12-13 years tops if it's driven every winter and doesn't get the underside cleaned and re-coated regularly. Salt > metal over the long haul.

My guess for total number of USDM GVR4s still on the road out of the original 3009 is ~1,200.

-Jim B.
280/1000

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned