The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GeezVR4 #1707/2000 Build. *PICS*

Here it is guys. Will have more pics soon.

Mod list:
Head:
Comp101200 cams
ARP Head studs
Cometic 1.3mm metal head gasket
Manley valve springs
Manley titanium retainers
Manley locks
Stock valves
Fidanza Cam Gears*have not yet arrived*
Gates timing belt kit

Bottom end:
Stock 6bolt pistons*New Hasting rings*
Stock 6bolt rods
Balanced stock 6bolt crank
ACL rod bearings
ACL main bearings
ARP rod studs
ARP main studs
Front and rear balance shaft delete

Bolt-ons:
Forced performance turbo manifold
Magnus SMIM
stock 1g throttle body
Slowboy racing G60 turbo
Punishment Racing o2 housing
PTE 38mm external waste gate
Megan Racing 2.5-3" down pipe
ETS 10" short route intercooler kit
Tial 50mm Q BOV
3" GM MAF
Forced performance air intake

Fuel:
FIC 950cc injectors
255 walbro fuel pump
aeromotive FPR
steel braided fuel filter to rail kit
stock 1g fuel rail

Management;
ECM link V3
GM MAF to ECU cable
PLX air/fuel gauge
AEM tru boost controller
AEM oil pressure gauge
HKS Type 0 turbo timer

Drivetrain:
Prothane motor mount kit
ACT 2600 clutch kit*street disc*
ACT Flywheel
Slave cylinder extension rod
4bolt rear end
steel braided clutch slave cylinder line
Stock transmission

Suspension wheels and tires:
Ksport coilovers
Megan racing upper strut tower bars front and rear
17" Rota Subzeros
Kumho ecsta 215/45R17

Last edited by a moderator:

Nice plethra of go fast parts! Like the pic of mini you playing with the turbo. That's great! You buy all that at once?

Thank you my favorite pic and yes I did. About 3 days after getting the car back home got everything priced up.

dmj

WOW! you probably have more money in parts than my entire car is worth /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

LOL thanks I tried that turbo on my GST awhile back and it had an insane top end even on stock cams. Hopefully will keep the galant pulling nice and hard

Yeah not too much /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif which i dont care i dont ever plan to get rid of it!

Thanks man! Motor is timed and completely assembled except for the turbo right now. Hopefully be putting it in tomorrow!

2of9

damn...from engine stand to running engine in engine bay is awesome. congrats! how's it runnin'?

92GVR4num65

i noticed the driver side J shaped motor mount isnt full size anymore...did u just hack it off...is this a mod? do you find the engine less secure or more stress on mounts because of this?

CSMShaun

There are three engine mounts and a transmission mount. Removing that front portion of the timing-side engine mount has no affect on engine movement. Especially when using the urethane mounts.

No timing covers equals bad news. One tiny rock and the pistons get intimate with the valves.

Thanks! And the motor is secure with out the front J section. The bottom of the timing cover is still on not much worried about the top

talontyme

I noticed you had a mishimoto rad and a slim fan which one did you use and how is the car coolin?Do you still have a/c?And what needed to be moved or deleted?Down the road im going 6262 and i wanted to know what guy's were doing as far as the cooling.

I Ended up switching from the mishimoto to a scirroco radiator and use my maradyne 12" slim fan. Coolants temps run just like factory. All i did was make two brackets to mount the rad with. There is a tech post a guy made on here that tells everything he did and the correct upper radiator hose to use the lower hose can remain factory

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned