The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New here!

90ggsx

Well to start off, my name is Codey. I recently purchased a 1990 Galant GSX, over the past month or so, I've been purchasing parts to do a build and boost it.

Build information:
4g63 6 bolt bored .20 over
Balance shaft delete
Buschur 20g and FP race manifold
FIC 650
Walboro 255
Fuel lab AFPR
3 inch TBE
KYB agx and sportline springs all 4 corners
No name FMIC
DSM Link v3 full
MAFT set up with 3 inch GM maf
Stock head with Supertech valves, valve guides, and valve seals
ARP head studs and rod bolts
ACL race main and rod bearings
I'm probably missing some things but that's what I can remember from my stock pile...

Plans:
Make it through this season, and then 6266 or similar with a more than stock rebuild for next season

Last edited:

Diego

4 bolts didn't come in the Galant. Seems like you have a nice start though. Keep the updates coming. Maybe some pics?

90ggsx

My bad, the rear end was out of a talon, but I got it off of a vr4. Thanks man, as soon as I'm around a computer I will post some pics, but be warned it is far from pretty haha.

90ggsx

Haven't been on here in awhile, but little bit of an update. Everything has been taking a little longer than expected due to my daughter being born and the machine shop taking awhile to complete everything but:

Last edited:

90ggsx

Yeah, I'm starting to get impatient even though I'm kind of bugging out about the break in process/first start up and drive

*Updated first post with build information!

jnava

Staff member
Nice progression.

EHmotorsports

I might recommend using a new water pump. nothing like getting it together and then the water pump goes out.

90ggsx

I have all new timing side parts, I just put the used parts on to see if I knew how to do it. This is my first full build, so I want to make sure I get everything correct. I won't use used timing parts, I've learned that bad things happen when you try and skimp out on parts haha!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned