The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

DSG Time Attack VR4 build *Tons of Pics**

As soon as I can get a few nice days with some good temps and no rain, I plan on painting it white. I cant argue with you though, she isnt much of a looker, but she's fun.

a2vr4

go green! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif
edit: stay green!
(i know dsg=white) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Last edited:

rheckert

DSG white will suit it well. Lots hope it does the same on the track. I /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif you.

a2vr4

sick build up by the way! very clean (pardon the exterior) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

looks pimp, Nick. Can't wait to see her in Whizite Chizocalate
PS: Grab some GVR-4.org decals to rep at NHIS /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Thanks guys. It wouldnt be anywhere close to what it is now without Al and the other guys at DSG though. Im just hoping to be able to keep up with him, that EVO is really fast!

Besso, where do I get said stickers?

Last edited by a moderator:

skivittlerjimb

Congrats on all the progress, Nick! Why so stiff on the spring rates? What anti-roll bars will you be running? We'll see how I like 8kg/mm F and 5kg/mm R with the Hot Bits and WL bars. My guess is at some point I may want to up the rear rate, but we'll see.

Are you guys planning on Calabogie with COM at the end of May? It's a haul for you guys, but from what I hear about the track, completely worth it. With that and Mosport and Tremblant, you'll want to make sure the car is fit to cross the border a few times this year. Are you going to trailer it or drive it to the events?

BTW, here's a pic you've probably already seen but others might get a chuckle out of:
img.php

Watkins Glen on Monday. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

-Jim B.
280/1000
1432/2000

The spring rates are up in the air right now. I'm currently running 10kg on both front and rear on my daily driven Honda, and Ive gotten used to the stiffness. I also liked how it felt on the track, very tidy and composed. The bars are custom bars that came with the car, I haven't measured them yet, but they're big. I need to get under the car with some calipers to see what size they are.

I'm not sure about the Canadian tracks, I need to renew my passport. I plan on towing the car to most of the tracks, the only one Id consider driving it to would be NHIS. (The car isn't registered right now anyway). What do they look for at the boarder when trailering a car over? Do they just check for a title or reg?

It seems that Watkins Glen may not happen either. Who wants to go rent out Summit point with me?

464/2K

the interior looks fantastic. but on the other hand the engine bay needs more TLC.

evo8ya

Quote:

DSC00127.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Bimmubishi

The wheels are funny?

KC, you're right about the motor. The general prep is costing enough right now that the other stuff can come later. Next year we can make improvements to the aestetics.

That Accord ran faster than 50% of STI and EVOs at Lime Rock last year at our club's track day. H22 and very light.

CP

Could just be that Nick's a good driver. A good driver in a Miata at the track can smoke a beginner in a Vette. Depends on the track too. On a tight momentum track there is less of a speed disparity among cars, versus a track with a bunch of long straights where the high HP cars can make up some serious ground.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned