The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Clutch engagement ( more pics )

talon

Your clutch pedal might also be worn out, causing the clutch to not fully dis-engage.

Check out JNZ, they sell a clutch pedal assembly kit here

Last edited:

autobahntom

Here is a pic of what may be your problem (in the post above, what JNZ has pictured is just what you need). Darren (1990ggsxnj) suggested that this might be my problem, and he was right. The piece that attaches to the clutch master (with a clevis pin) was the majority of my problem. (the piece pictured). It started downpouring today, so I didn't get to work further to see if the cross rod/pedal piece has to be replaced yet.
My symptoms were:
adjusted pedal assembly all the way out
put the long slave rod in place
would not go into any gear

I pulled the trans out twice, put a new 3200 lb setup in along with a new ACT flywheel. I replaced the slave (then broke the new one-trigger happy with the gun-lol), still had the same symptoms. Make sure to use a 2g slave when replacing yours (grocery getter suggested this to me and it worked great).

Tom

Footnote.
I couldn't add the pic-but can email it to anyone who wants to see it. But, if you look at the kit that JNZ sells, it is the piece in the middle. The hole in the end has rounded out. To see if this is your problem, get under the dash, and grab the pedal with one hand and that arm (the one that attaches to the back of the master) and try to move them separate from each other. If you have movement, see where the movement is. Most likely it will be in arm on the right.

1990ggsxnj

Generally it is better to weld it but not a bad idea to replace the bushings while you're at it. Sitting stuck under the dash for that length of time, you might as well make the best of it.

Brianawd

If you still need more adjustment you can weld a nut on the back side of where the master rod threads in. People have been doing it for years

1qkfwd

Have someone push the clutch in all the way, then pull the boot off the trans where the clutch fork is. Make sure that the clutch fork is not being pushed up against the tranny. If it is pull the trans and shim the pivot ball away from the case. If that's not it make sure the step height is right. And if all else fails pour gas on it and watch her burn.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned