The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Cleaing up some Rust.

bobdole

Hello Guys,

I have got some rust spots I would like to clean up on the undercarriage. I have done alittle research checking out best way to do it. I have found this stuff called Rust Bullet. Just wondering if any of you guys have every used this stuff or if you can recommand something. The rust is mostly surface rust.

Thanks
Charles

alansupra94

I normally just take out my wire brush on my drill. Spray some WD40, wire brush it, some more WB40, wire brush, then a cloth to clean up the area and let dry. They I use a rust converter to make sure it doesn't come back. After that, I spray the color I want and call it a day.

gtluke

cut it out, weld new in. Or wire brush it and use POR15

alansupra94

You are going to cut out metal for surface rust?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

cheekychimp

Quoting gtluke:

I think the part in bold was the surface rust remedy.

Bob, I seemed to remember when I did my car with POR-15 there were comparison reviews of various products back to back. Here is one: POR-15, Rust Bullet and Eastwood

bobdole

Thanks guys. I am going to use Rust bullet. I have seen alot of good reviews about it. I am going to wire brush alot of it off and then coat it. I will update to see how it goes.

alansupra94

Quoting cheekychimp:
Quoting gtluke:

I think the part in bold was the surface rust remedy.

Bob, I seemed to remember when I did my car with POR-15 there were comparison reviews of various products back to back. Here is one: POR-15, Rust Bullet and Eastwood

Man...my reading skills are lacking. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

curtis

Bob can't stand seeing newbie by your name anymore /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

For you newbies that don't know he was an old guy when I was a newbie so I changed it. I actually think he was on the old Yahoo list I read up on before I bought mine in 2000.

Old Yahoo list still exists. Click me if you want to waste a few hours reading ancient hieroglyphics /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Starion intercoolers were the big mod back then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I even saw Josh Jones' name pop up. Still haven't seen the picture of him with big boobs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bobdole

Curtis thank you. It is fun seeing old user names that I remember. I am doing a build up on the new VR4. But keeping it mostly stock. Just wheels, brakes and Suspension upgrades. I have my Evo for performance driving.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned