The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

#83/2000 Project Cluster To Capable (12/1/09) 56K Beware

Polish

Looking good CR. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Excellent work! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif Makes me want to go work on my own... damn you school work!

CarRacer

Installed a FP1 cam last night as well as a new timing belt to replace the oil soaked one that was on the car. I never checked the oil galley plugs during assembly of the motor. The machine shop must have taken them out to flush the head after machining. That's a good thing, but my mistake of not checking wasn't. Luckily I figured it out before anything bad happened.

Cam improved low end throttle response and helped it rev more freely in the higher revs. All in all I'm glad I did the swap and am satisfied with how it drives.

Video of exhaust note at idle.

Polish

Post a video revving. Sounds pretty nice at idle. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2of9

sounds pretty nice man. Sounds almost like stock idle! I'm seriously thinking about the fp1 or the 264 cams now.

chrisb33

Quoting CarRacer:
I caught up on some maintenance that the car needed. My PS pump had a stripped out bolt and was squealing and being very annoying. My wideband wiring also caught one of the clamps on the cv boot. The wiring broke and the connector separated and the boot dumped all of its grease on the underbody and engine. I repacked it with grease and installed a new clamp. I also finalized the mount for my SS fuel line. Basically replacing all of the 18 year old parts on the car that are worn out.

hi, i want to replace my fuel lines as well to ss. what size did you use? would you know the i.d. of the feed and return lines you used?

CarRacer

I used -6 SS hose, that would be 3/8 of an inch ID hose. I used the stock return as that wasn't damaged.

JB

Well done CR. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

chrisb33

Quoting CarRacer:
I used -6 SS hose, that would be 3/8 of an inch ID hose. I used the stock return as that wasn't damaged.

thanks man. awesome build btw!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Rausch

Good Work! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned