The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Blow-off with or without return pipe to intake??

Muntermugge

Maybe a very stupid question.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
I want to replace my tubes for my intercooler, and would like to mount my HKS blow-off.
But can see here on the board, that some have a return pipe from the blow-off intake and others hasn't?
my Blowoff is the original from HKS without retur pipes(out in free) ..

What is best? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
and why?

Hope you all understand my bad english.

Se pics af 2 guys setup here from the board.. One with return and one without?

Without return

With return

speedyvr4

if you want to vent the blow off gases to the atmoshpere you have to get a blow thru setup with a maft. A maft is a MAF translator that allows you to compensate for injetor size, crudely tune, and reads air via a GM MAF sensor. If you are running a stock or 2g maf, you have to recirculate back into the intake.

IncorpoRatedX

if you're on a stock air meter (or any mitsu air meter for that matter) always recirculate your valve.

If you don't do this, your car will run bad after a while. The computer expects that air to come back into the engine.

Last edited by a moderator:

steve

^ This.

Muntermugge

Quoting speedyvr4:
if you want to vent the blow off gases to the atmoshpere you have to get a blow thru setup with a maft. A maft is a MAF translator that allows you to compensate for injetor size, crudely tune, and reads air via a GM MAF sensor. If you are running a stock or 2g maf, you have to recirculate back into the intake.

Okaye.. maybe i understand it :)
I have this setup now:
- 3G #482 MAS & K&N Cone Filter
- Stage 3 Keydiver chip

But not at MAF I can compensate for injetor size, crudely tune, and reads air via a GM MAF sensor..
Hmm i think it's best to use the stock blowoff.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

Barnes

Quoting Alpha Male:
If you don't do this, your car will run bad after a while.

Plus DR1665 will kill you in the face. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

The recirculation fitting for the hks SSQV is relatively cheap. Then you can put the air back into the intake, and your car will run fine with your 3g mas. Or you can purchase a maf translator and a GM sensor. It would definitely be cheaper to just jump on eBay and grab the recirculation fitting though.

Last edited by a moderator:

You need to ditch your maf and switch to speed density in order to vent to atmosphere without problems.

Muntermugge

Thanks for all the great help/answer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif
I've just ordre a hks SSQV recirculation fitting.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Glad to be able to help. For the record, there are a handfull /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif of Americans with worse English than you.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned