The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Greetings and Help for a Newb :P

COVR4355

Greetings everyone from the wonderful Galant VR4 Community! I have been blessed with the ability to dive back into the DSM/VR4 Syndicate :p . I will include all the good stuff in my ride post regarding the 92 VR4...that is once I get the old-grey lady running right and cleaned up. Which leads me to my much needed aid in getting this beast setup correctly.
20g Turbo
3" MAF and MAF Translator
HKS Electric Boost Controller
HKS External Wastegate
660cc Injectors with FPR
Greddy Blow-off valve mounted on top of FMIC
and much more...
As the following pictures show my issue is wanting to make sure that the entire Turbo system is set up correctly with the vacuum lines. The complexity of the T's is whats baffling me and I just want to be safe rather than sorry before I start to dabble in tuning the beast. In consulting the EVC Installation Instructions it would be wonderful if one could confirm if the 3 ports are connected correctly.

Port #1-Is T'd to connect to gauge, Intake Manifold, and FPR...it says do not connect to this port but thats what the previous owner who installed everything has done-although I dont have the supplemental instructions regarding not connecting to FPR.

Port #2-Is T'd to connect to lower nipple of Blow-off valve, lower Wastegate nipple, and Throttle-body elbow.

Port #3-Is T'd to connect to higher nipple of Blow-off valve, and Top of Wastegate.

Cannot thank you enough for your time and sorry for the length of the post...just trying to be as thorough as possible.
-Joshua-

Last edited:

Overkill

You seem like an entitled millennial that doesn't want to research how to solve a problem. Everything has been done and re-done on a DSM, so did you even attempt to solve your problem first?

The information is all out there already and it just requires someone taking the time to search for it. Since I'm feeling charitable today here's a good start to help you grow into a relatively self sufficient member of the DSM community.

FPR should be hooked to the small port behind the fuel rail on the intake manifold.

Boost gauge if both vacuum and boost can go to port E on throttlebody or if just boost can go to port P

BOV top (large) nipple goes to post throttlebody pressure (Large nipple behind fuel rail on intake manifold)
BOV small (Bottom) goes to nipple pre-throttlebody (Not sure of your boost pipe setup, so not sure best place to tap that in)

Below are the diagrams for how your wastegate should be plumbed into the system.

COVR4355

Bless you good sir...apart from the inaccurate judgmentalism and critical ostracizing-(entitled millennial and in-attempt problem solving is laughable indeed) I thank you-warns the innocent to not poke the charitable troll /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif. It was set up correctly after confirming Overkill's insight-which is esteemed to say the least and most grateful for...once again thank you for the confirmation. I look forward to continuing to learn and adapt to one of the more enjoyable platforms-the VR4/4g63. Had a neighbor who is into British MG's and Triumph T6's come over and admire the beauty. Amazed at the technology these cars were adorned with nearly 30 years ago. Cannot wait to get this beast running well, till next time.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts