The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1226/2000

GSTwithPSI

Quoting coyotes:

+ this one
sticker,375x360.png

coyotes

I think along with doing my FMIC and some more maintenance next month, I will try to send in my throttle body for overhaul.

click

I will probably knife edge and portmatch the TB elbow and the TB itself, maybe some mild port/polish. Have done a few WRX and 240sx TBs in the past with good results. Or maybe just pay this company to do it.

Should I do the blockoff/bypass modification? Looking for input on that. I like to simplify my engines and the less vaccuum lines/extra crap in my engine bay the better.

Last edited:

G

Staff member
Do the egr block off. Install dual catch cans.

G

Staff member
Depends on how cold it gets by you and if you drive it in cold weather. I would but that's just me.

coyotes

I drive it down to 15 degree weather-ish. that is about as cold as it gets here in WA. I take it up to ski areas, but that is about as cold as I've ever seen it. Rarely goes below freezing in the city where I live, I just take it on trips to the mountains.

EGR blockoff and FIAV blockoff or bypass gives me a CEL, right? That doesn't bother me too much, eventually I will ESMlink the car. Maybe sooner than later, I would like to make sure the ECU is in good shape.

transparentdsm

i have mine bypassed right now. the only thing that kinda sucks, is sometimes i need to hold my foot on the gas during start up for the first 3 - 10 second. i also had it totally blocked off on my 1G and the same thing.

coyotes

I have that issue already with my car, it seems to happen more often on hot starts than cold. Will start up, die. start up, die. I have to hold the gas down a bit, and it will idle very poorly until I put it in gear and drive. Once the car is driving it's fine. I just assume this is standard 4g63 operating proceedure or a vac leak somewhere. This is why I'll be glad to do my FMIC setup, remove the stock intake system and reduce the vac lines and redundant systems around. I want to get the throttle body rebuilt also and have everything reset. we'll see where the car sits after that. The dying and rough idle doesn't bother me much though.

coyotes

Anyone ever taken their foglights apart? Was thinking about tinting the inside of the lenses yellow, I have some left over from a previous car.

EHmotorsports

I'm sure PIAA has some yellow bulbs that you can instal.

coyotes

THATS true, although I like the look of the glass yellow I think. Anyone done it? I looked around, couldn't see any examples.

coyotes

Make a difference? I have some drive train noise on decel and want to try this before I rebuild driveshaft.

transparentdsm

if you have noise its the driveshaft. if anything, adding these will only make the noise worse and cause the rubber in the carrier bearings to wear quicker.

a quick test to see if it is the driveshaft, lay on the ground put you hand on the driveshaft by a carrier bearing and wiggle it, if it moves you need to rebuild your driveshaft.

coyotes

alright I may skip then. I had read things of it improving or eliminating driveshaft noise though. I will just hold out to rebuild the whole thing. it really isn't that bad, only sometimes I hear it on decel while in gear.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned