The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1226/2000

transparentdsm

have you tried changing out the rear end fluid? even if you did it recently, you could check it and make sure its not cloudy or changing color already and that there is no metal in there.

LIV4PSI

If your driveshaft needs rebuilt, chances are the bushings are crap too. They may not be a huge upgrade, but more of a maintenance item that is cheap to make better. I would install them, while you are rebuilding the driveshaft as well

Edit: post count 1320 FTW! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Last edited:

coyotes

i have not changed the rear diff fluid yet, and yes I would do those bushings when I redo the driveshaft.

coyotes

what fuel pump does everyone recommend for my car? not going to be making over 400hp anytime soon if ever. Just the usual Walbro 255? Will the one for the 1g AWD from JNZ work with my car? how about with the install kit available?

click

Planning on doing the rewire kit and new filter sock and... anything else recommended while I'm in there? Thanks

Last edited:

transparentdsm

i just recently upgraded, i went with an AEM 340lph. its the same price as a wally(100$) and i find it to be extremely quiet compared to my old wally or even a denso supra tt pump.. i would do the fuel filter and the injector seals also while there is no fuel in the lines. if you have the cash, spend the money and get a fuel pressure regulator as well. in my personal opinion it makes a large difference doing these things. especially when your at altitudes above sea level do to barometric pressure changes.

coyotes

I'm not. I'm at sea level, but I do go up to 5, 6k sometimes for snowboarding. I have a service record showing fuel filter done in last 10k miles. its coming up on replacement, but not yet.

Last edited:

coyotes

OK so, I'm finally installing my FMIC kit tomorrow, I am going to go with a 2012 Honda Fit battery to mount where the stock air can goes until I relocate to the trunk. That battery sound good or does anyone suggest something different?

coyotes

can't afford it at the moment. I suppose I could try and fit my current battery in the aircan's space for the time being and wait to upgrade to one of those.

transparentdsm

save your money and get a odyssey or a optima yellow top. you will be happier in the end, plus these are enclosed batteries so they don't need to be vented once in the trunk.

turbowop

Putting a battery like an Optima in the trunk will still require all the safety hoops be jumped through if you plan to run the car at a dragstrip that has rules. That means sealed box, vent tube, and external kill switch. Just something to think about.

coyotes

No drag racing for me, I will probably autocross and HPDE it eventually.

I don't mind doing any of that once it's in the trunk, but that is a mod somewhat low on the priority list right now.

turbohf

im tellin ya, the 151 fit/hybrid battery is working fine on my car. 8.8:1 2.4l with 20w50. yeah she cranked a little slow when it was 15* out, but only no starts where after leaving the dome light on for a day or so lol. also i dont drive my GVR4 everyday, been putting miles on my integra. it gets 10+mpg more and the galant is pissing me off with only wanting to run on non-eprom+maft. so i drive it 1-2 times a week. still starts after sitting for a week, or 3 one time.

we sell them at my work for $100, but im in Lynnwood/Edmonds... probably get ya a couple bucks off (not much markup in batteries)

coyotes

I ended up aborting my install. After having the bumper off and mocking everything up, I feel my FMIC is way too big for my needs. I also don't want to cut the crash bar unlike the rest of you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif So I am going to sell the one I got and get a smaller one that will tuck under the bumper without much cutting of anything.

Maybe by that time I'll have relocated the battery to the trunk.

turbohf

don't think of it so much as hacking out part of your crash bar, you will be adding material back in. your just relocating the materials lol... I have 4" of spearco intercooler to absorb impact. should do pretty good job.

coyotes

Here's the intercooler I'm putting up for sale. I'm basically just going to replace this one with one half the height and a little thinner.

Dimensions:

12" tall
27" wide inlet to inlet
2.5" inlet diameter
3" thick

I'll post it up for sale soon.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts