The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1226/2000

turbohf

IMG_20140207_125307.jpg

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quoting coyotes:</font><hr />
Please do, thanks! Have you had any issues with battery life, cold cranking?

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

its been in there since I bought the car...so 2 years? she cranks over a little slow when its 20° outside with 20w50 vr1 in there lol. but no issues to speak of. they say 340cca, mine tested 470cca when I bought it. haven't tested it since.

damnit. my phone sucks for posting photobucket pics. I have a couple more....

I sell them for $99.99 +core here at work lol. Honda won't warranty them without a VIN though...

coyotes

I have a friend with a fit, I could just give you his vin maybe. Although it would cost me that extra amount in gas rather than just buy one down here.

that looks like it would fit well, although I would be using my stock air can in that spot due to how my intake is designed, until I can run this GM MAF setup I have or 2g MAF or figure out some other way. I'd have to put the battery where the stock air can goes or back DSM style by the shock tower. That is definitely smaller than the stock battery though.

coyotes

Here is the intake setup I have, complete with GM MAF. It leaves pretty much zero room in the stock battery location to put anything.

G

Staff member
Move it to the trunk, you'll be happier. The radiator work you did is good, so now you have a baseline. Cooling problems sneak up on you with these cars. The peace of mind that you have (when you know you have fresh/ clean coolant and a new radiator) is priceless. I would get all your exhaust work done first before you slap suspension on. Do your suspension dead last.

coyotes

yeah my plan was just to go nuts on maintenance and stuff, that is why I'm having my spare engine put together. So eventually I will also have a fresh motor from which to start. Next up I am gonna do the intercooler setup and battery relocation, then probably perfect the exhaust.

Do you have any recommendation on what I should do for the intake setup? I could just run the stock air can off that, I wish the MAF wasn't obnoxious and set up to have to be used in that thing, though. I would like to use this air filter, but not ready to set up GM MAF on my car.

turbohf

move the maft to a blow threw when you do your intercooler pipes. that should give you some battery clearance. or just do an intake more like mine.

coyotes

I could but not sure I want to run the GM MAF yet, I don't have a wideband or any way to tune it. It comes with a translator, I suppose I could set it to zero and run it that way. I just don't want to do wiringgggggg ugh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

Last edited:

G

Staff member
I would just go speed density from the beginning. Pay someone to have it tuned and be done. In the long run you will be happier that you didn't waste time and $ on that gm maft garbage. Get set up with a aem ems or haltech. You will make more power and the install will be much cleaner.

coyotes

I don't care about power that much, I was planning on staying mostly stock as is on my current engine after I do the FMIC, and build up my other engine with some stuff. It's 2g pistons/1g rods, ARP head studs, BSE, OEM rebuild otherwise. I will probably just do a FP manifold and a 16g and basic supporting mods and call it good. I was planning to go ESMlink but all of this is a ways off. 400 wheel is the most I'd ever want. I want to get maintenance and stuff out of the way and build a nice platform for the new engine. So, lots of $$$ to spend before I think about turbos and power and such.

Last edited:

GSTwithPSI

Why not just put in a 2G MAF? Grab a plug and play adapter harness from iceman ( click ) and you're done.

It would fit virtually the same as the GM setup you posted a picture of. It would flow better than the 1G MAF, and run better and take much less work to install than the GM MAF. Either way, there are many much better solutions than the GM MAF. I'd stay with the stock MAF before I'd use a GM MAFT.

Last edited:

GSTwithPSI

I had a 2G MAF installed on 1813, and will install one on 1837 soon. It ran like stock with ECMlink. I used a plug and play adapter, Dejon intake pipe and 4" K&N filter. Keep in mind the setup will need to be recirculated, so plan for that. I had to rotate the intake pipe about 30 degrees for everything to line up good. With a little trial and error, you should have no problem getting your individual setup to fit. The battery will also have to be relocated before hand, obviously.
DSC00460.JPG

coyotes

I am running stock BPV, no problem.

Now just to find a 2g maf. Does it have to be for a turbo 2g? Thanks.

marvinmadman

Just FYI you can run the GM MAF in the stock intake tube. This was mine in 2005.

turbohf

my battery is dead... i blame you.

ok it looks like the map light was on, but right after you ask, so /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif lol.

coyotes

Threw my ski box on the other day. Car is dirty as hell but who cares. Should I sticker up my ski box? I got some cool ski related stickers. I can be one of ... "those guys"

You can see the sweet clear coat peeling action on the passenger side of the car too.

Last edited:

transparentdsm

thats what the ski box is there for, to sticker up and keep the stickers off the car. ill be stickering up my fairing for my roof rack soon, i also want to get one of those little boxes for the top of my car. make trips easier.

turbohf

all my stickers that are worth a damn are on my toolbox.

would be nice to have a gvr4/car number sticker for the galant though.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts