The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: MI jdm galant vr4 rs $10k

dougmacho

Bought this car this summer, I need a winter or track only car......this is too nice to drive in the snow. Most certainly can ship at buyers expense. Exhaust is not leaking, some of the heat shield do rattle sometimes. Great really good gas mileage and seems to be lighter than the EVO 8/9 that I've had.

Things I might be interested in trading might be a civic hatch w/swap, focus SVT, r32, Volvo 850r wagon.....anything that is interesting. Shoot me and offer if you are interested. Keep your negaitve comments to yourself.

RS spec details:
no sunroof(lighter)
no power locks, mirrors, windows
rs spec wheels
oil cooler(i believe is jdm or rs spec)
no 4ws
cloth seats(love the seats, driver doesn't slide around as much as leather seats)
Non automatic seat belts(though may be because of the model year)

There is some rust, but not terrible. The body is in great condition and seems to not have any rust or bubbles yet. As for the other posts of the rust by other members on this forum, i'm not sure where they got those pics but if you are interested email me. I will probably POR-15 the small areas and leave it at that before spring, its not a show car because of the mileage and condition, but its a fantastic and rare car nonetheless.

5435859_orig.jpg

8394649_orig.jpg

829100_orig.jpg

Last edited:

GSTwithPSI

Nice car. I was wondering who bought this.

Please fix the title of the thread, add at least one photograph, and an asking price for the car. The forum rules for sale ads can be seen here: click

Quoting forum rules:
2. Subjects must begin with FS:, EB:, FREE: or FEELER: and you must put a description, location AND asking price in the TITLE. If it is an eBay ad then at least the location must be posted.
For example: 92 Black Galant VR4 (3/1000) Philadelphia area, PA $20,000.00

89Patches

Just get the car oiled and drive it! Galants are one of the best cars I've ever driven in the snow!

If not GLWS /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jesus_Negros

Already has rust. Don't be scurred. Drive it.

Vr4junkie

Why not buy a cheap honda or toyota for mean while.

G

Staff member
That sucks this was sent to die in salty MI. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

MegaSuiter

I bought my galant in Michigan and it is suprisingly not rusty at all. Besides the hood and fenders. I got lucky.

raptorWagon

Quoting G:
That sucks this was sent to die in salty MI. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

G it already has rust, that it should be on death row already.

89Mirageman

Why does everybody keep saying this is a rust car? I don't see anything major underneath, maybe just some bolt heads and stuff. I've seen far worse on here, that's for sure.

Also to the OP, you mention that the heat shields rattle. If the rear balance shaft timing is off the engine will make this exact sound. I bought a 92 TSi that was like that back in the day. Just FYI.

Last edited:

4orced4door

OP, please put the price in your title and at least one picture in your ad, not in a link.

Jesus_Negros

Quoting VR4ownzU:
Japan Classics had a hard time selling it because of the rust.

The rust wasn't THAT bad for real for real.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Classifieds Listings