The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: MI jdm galant vr4 rs $10k

jnava

Staff member
Quoting Turbro_Negro:
Quoting VR4ownzU:
Japan Classics had a hard time selling it because of the rust.

The rust wasn't THAT bad for real for real.

HAH....just a little.

dougmacho

I personally don't think the rust is bad, on a car that has 150,000 km it's still not bad. Seems about right for the mileage and year. It is a 26 year old car that spent most of its time on an island.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But I find the negativity offensive and pretty much classless. Seems people are hating for no apparent reason, I think I'd rather have this car than most of the hacked up cars I see online.

I'm not interested in a trade for a 650hp gsx, I would rather build my car instead or just buy one I see all the time for 3-5k. What gsx isn't pushing out over 500hp?

If you're interested in this car, you probably have a few nice cars. I've yet to see a vr4 as mint as this one.

jnava

Staff member
The question about rust was asked and the pictures of said rust have been provided. You are entitled to price it however you like and hopefully it sells at that price that you request. Good luck with you sale.

dougmacho

Nope, no one asked about the rust. You decided to degrade my sale for no reason, furthermore you decided to make fun of the situation based on your opinion which is pointless since you have no interest in the car. Before I took any stance on the issue, you took it upon yourself to maximize your effort in proving your irrelevant opinion. Thanks.

GSTwithPSI

Nobody asked about the rust? Are you kidding? Half of the posts on the first page contain the word rust, or allude to it. Juan probably saved some poor bastard from wasting their time and money on this "mint" turd. Thanks, Juan.

If you consider posting up pictures showing the actual condition of the vehicle degrading to your ad, that's says a lot about you. Clearly, you knew about these areas on the car, and didn't bother posting up any pictures of them, or even mentioning them in your seriously lacking ad. Your comments and crappy sale ad make you seem like you're hiding sh*t, which doesn't fly here. It took you a week and 2 separate reminders to comply with the few simple rules of this forum. Follow the rules and document the condition of the vehicle properly, and nobody will be "hating" on you.

Welcome the the forum.

Last edited:

Jesus_Negros

Oops LoL

dougmacho

Whoa there turbo. Yup no one asked about the rust. Few people here are debating their opinions, still irrelevant as non of them have messaged me or asked me about it. Seems like they are just debating about their opinion on rust.

Half the first page is about rust, why people want to be haters? I have no idea. Why did I add links to my ads? It sure seems simple, but a real buyer would probably read all the info they can on the car, even email if they have questions or need to see additional pics. Yup, there sure is info there about rust......I hid that pretty well didn't I?

Are you a moderator? If not, move on. Not following rules in for sale posts sure doesn't warrant anyone to detract anything from a sale now does it?

Wanting to acquire as much information before you buy is the most important thing when you buy a vehicle. To get to this you must ask questions, they must be directed towards me. Can't just start calling things out if nothing was stated. If you saw the car in person and still feel the way you do(lost, arrogant, and a little uncouth), then I could give you some thought. But as of now, you're just trolling my thread.

Welcome to the world where people spend over 5k on a used car, hope it happens to you.

turbowop

You have yet to see a GVR4 as mint as that one? LOL

It's one thing to gain as much info as possible as a buyer. It's another to PROVIDE as much info as possible as a seller. You obviously decided to steer clear of the rust issues that car has in an attempt to make as much money as possible on an unsuspecting buyer, which is a douchebag move, IMO. Especially in a small community like the GVR4 group. It looks to me like some members of this tight-nit community took it upon themselves to show others what they might be getting since you didn't feel the need to put it out there. Good on them.

dougmacho

You guys are unique, that's for sure. A little too serious sometimes. This is a car that's been for sale here before, things haven't changed much.........

I think I may try to keep this car, it's fun to drive. Still haven't received an offer, got offered a couple sweet cars.

jnava

Staff member
Quoting Turbro_Negro:
Oops LoL

IKR...

coyotes

It's a cool car dude, just keep it. Unfortunately you are highly unlikely to get anywhere near the asking price with the rust it has. Keep it, give it some love, in a few years who knows what it may be worth. The value of these cars have been going up a bit.

mitsuturbo

"Seems people are hating for no apparent reason."

really? Hating? Since when is stating facts which aren't particularly in your favor considered hatred? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

jnava

Staff member
You seem to be new to forums. Pictures of rust on your RS is evidence, which is fact. The response I had with a fellow member on the board was an interaction I was having with him. I was disagreeing with his comment of a "little" rust. That, you may consider an opinion. No I'm certainly not a moderator. Am I hating on your sales ad, no.

Welcome the the interwebz where you can be "hated" on by facts.

Jesus_Negros

Quoting jnava:
Quoting Turbro_Negro:
Oops LoL

IKR...

I brought up the rust first.

ktmrider

Quoting turbowop:
You have yet to see a GVR4 as mint as that one? LOL

It's one thing to gain as much info as possible as a buyer. It's another to PROVIDE as much info as possible as a seller. You obviously decided to steer clear of the rust issues that car has in an attempt to make as much money as possible on an unsuspecting buyer, which is a douchebag move, IMO. Especially in a small community like the GVR4 group. It looks to me like some members of this tight-nit community took it upon themselves to show others what they might be getting since you didn't feel the need to put it out there. Good on them.

Gonna wade in here, Mark hit it EXACTLY on the nose above.

OP so long as you can sleep at night knowing you pulled one over on an uneducated buyer so be it. Just don't come out calling people "uncouth" when your deceptions are exposed. I'll agree you didn't lie specifically about the rust however you minimized it to YOUR opinion and in reality to your advantage from a seller's prospective. Again sleep good at night, Karma will eventually catch up.

talontyme

Sry you feel that way I've owned two gvr4's and neither of them had any rust on them nowhere.believe it or not I have seen most of the cars that have come from Japanese classics llc and most of them had very little or cosmetic rust not rot so saying that the cars that have been on an island for 26 years that that is an acceptable amount of rust is not true. I wasn't trying to knock your sell I was just looking for something clean and different that wouldn't I mod much and as far as my car is concerned I offered it because that's what you were asking for a track car yes there are a lot of eclipses that make over 500 horsepower but not many of them are is clean and as well built as mine glws.

4orced4door

Okay everyone, points have been made, let the guy try to sell his car.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned