The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Video of idle with bc 272's and pull

bmxr152

Okay so i decided to get a little video of the car. heres the engine mods

2g maf with KNN
Evo 3 16g
BC 272 cams
BS Elim
MLS gasket
ARP
560cc injectors
Evo 9 pump
3" turbo back with cat
ported 2g manifold
ported 2g o2 housing
JDM RS FMIC
DSM link V3

Dejon toll boost controller set at 13psi for these runs. The Air fuels were 10.5 so i got some tuning to do still.

click

click

Chim55117

Idle sounds nice. Just like mine. I have the BC 272's as well. I think they're an underrated camshaft. Most people bash on them, (Brian Crower cams) but I've only had good results with mine.

2of9

I need camshafts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif 272s are freakin' music to my ears!

Sounds good. It would have been funny if someone ran off with your camera lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

The 1st video shows you over 100mph & taping /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif, not to mention you held the camera still.

that sounds soooo good. will they go right into a head without having to shave the head? i know springs and retainers are reccomended. but no head modifications are needed right?

2of9

^^are you talking about the camshafts? shaving the head? Springs/retainers are recommended. No head mods should be needed. the stock 1g head should be more than enough for the street.

bmxr152

Yeah, there is no modification req. for the cams. Oh btw this is from my $300 gvr4 build. I bought the car for $300 put about 2k into it, which includes $1300 rally coilovers. So 700 into a new clutch, turbo, cams, and free parts from my laser partout. The car runs real strong, i cant wait to get it tuned for 22 psi.

Nartanian

BC 272s are pretty awesome. My car still sounds the same with them, but at least it's a difference you can feel.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned