The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Vent Visors **Pics added**

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know, I know......

Here's the deal. I can, (not might), can get these. The deal is, I need to purchase 50 sets for me to get them. It's that simple.

Price is $90 shipped & I need full payment upfront. Once you send your payment, there's no backing out & I will not order them unless I have 50 payments. Not 40 payments & 10 maybes but 50 payments. It will take 3 months to get them once the order is placed. If you don't feel comfortable waiting 3 months (+/- some surely unexpected delays).

These will be the stick-on type with the double sided 3M tape. The price covers the cost of the item, shipping to me, import duties (customs & broker fees) & shipping to you. Drop ship might be available but I'm still waiting to hear back on that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ralli380Gvr4

I would have been all over this if I didn't just purchase a set...good luck Garfield!

As for pictures, I don't have any. They're low profile visors for all 4 doors that are attached by 3M double sided tape. I've been working on this for a couple months now to get to this point. I didn't want to say anything until I had something solid. If it's not going to work it's not going to work & I would abandon the deal. The company said they could reproduce the items if I had that many & the final price is after negotiations. This really just covers the all the cost involved.

Over the years I've had quite a # of member asking about these which is the only reason I followed through on this when the opportunity came up. I'm coming all the way down from a cost of $120 shipped to where it is now. It wasn't easy.

Wilfongtsi

What brand are these going to be?

maroonmetallic

Garfield,

I'm interested. I know we had a list before some maybe some of those people can pony up to this.

One question though. I know you said "low profile" are these going to be somewhere between the JDM and AVS styles?
I like the JDM ones I have & wouldnt mind another set even IF they are 'lick n stick'.
I just know I dislike how much of a gap is between the car and the original AVS ones.

Regards,
-Shawn

Does brand really matter @ this point /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I requested pictures from the manufacture & will post them as soon as I get them.

Wilfongtsi

Doesn't matter, was just curious, there is a guy that has a set listed on ebay, but even with the starting bid and shipping it was more than what you can get them for, I just hope there will be enough people want in!!

JNR

It's hard to tell in the pics, but what is preventing the water from dripping down...the adhesive foam? Over time I would think that would breakdown causing leaks. I had some stick on types before on other vehicles and they really pissed me off that they leaked. A good design will use the plastic as the diverter of water; as in, it will go over frame not allowing any intrusion of water.

Maybe these are alright, but something to question and consider, as you don't want 50 people pissed off that their rainguards are leaking /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

maroonmetallic

I think that the double-sided tape idea is the only viable option right now for our cars as it seems like the JDM ones are virtually non-existent.
I also think that as long as the surface is prepped well, there should be water leakage issues for a good number of years.

The only issue I see is trying to remove them and removing the door trim paint in the process due to bad prepping before paint.

-Shawn

I'm going to set the cutoff date for December 7th. If I don't have the amount of payment required, then you can purchase directly from the seller if he has any left.

Interested:
1) circuit
2) chicagoboostin

Last edited by a moderator:

H05TYL

Quoting JNR:
It's hard to tell in the pics, but what is preventing the water from dripping down...the adhesive foam? Over time I would think that would breakdown causing leaks. I had some stick on types before on other vehicles and they really pissed me off that they leaked. A good design will use the plastic as the diverter of water; as in, it will go over frame not allowing any intrusion of water.

Maybe these are alright, but something to question and consider, as you don't want 50 people pissed off that their rainguards are leaking /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The JDM ones don't go over the frame - or leak :p

If your really paranoid you could run a bead of silicon along the top edge where they join the door frame once they are fitted

Ralli380Gvr4

Quoting Garfield Wright:
I'm going to set the cutoff date for December 7th. If I don't have the amount of payment required, then you can purchase directly from the seller if he has any left.

Interested:
1) circuit
2) chicagoboostin

Hey Garfield here's a thread from earlier this year, maybe you could contact the people on the list and see if people are still interested? I finally got some, so I'm not on the list anymore. just thought maybe it would help fill the 50 orders needed.

Last edited:

JNR

You are correct that they don't go over the frame (I was trying to visualize the JDM's I have and confusing with another one), it was more of a general statement anyway...I went out and looked at them and they use a rubber extrusion (gasket) along the perimeter where it meets the frame...

Anyway, not trying to bag on these, just saying to look at the design and decide if it's what you want to deal with or not and sharing my experiences with stick-on type in the past. You shouldn't have to add extra sealants, etc. to a product to have it do something it should already be doing. I know it *can* be done, but how many people really want to deal with that...Maybe you can have them add a gasket at the top, similar to JDM, or something along those lines, or maybe it'll work fine. Just saying it's hard to tell without a tangible product to judge from.

Hopefully it's all good though and if it works, then great.

H05TYL

I think perhaps my post came across abit aggressive - it wasn't meant to!

JNR

naw, didn't take it bad or nothing...Also don't want it to sound like I'm bagging on them, just because. I would love it if somebody made some like the weathertec, where there are no clips or gaskets; it just slides into the channel and the water run off the plastic, but don't think they make anything for ours or maybe ours can't have that type...I don't know. The best thing I liked about that type was being able to remove them anytime. I'm nervous to take off the JDM's with those fragile clips and such. It would be nice to find another source; maybe I'd even get another set sometime down the road, when it comes time to paint the frames again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned