The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Turbo wont fit without spacer (Resolved)

Gvr41415

I just went about installing a new ebay td05 20g and a 2g manifold. my problem now is that the turbo water line in the back hits the coolant pipe, and the only way it comes close to fitting is with a spacer between the manifold and turbo or no line at all. shouldnt this setup be a direct bolt-on? i realy dont want to use a spacer if theres another way i would rather go that route.

culprit was the compressor housing was not clocked right, had a friend port it and he put back on maybe 1/4 out of turn, bent the damn wastgate rod a lil too. bolted it up fits fine now.

Last edited:

Gvr41415

so in the pic you can see i bent the mounting tab out of the way so i could push the tube closer to the housing, still not enough room.

is it possible that the compressor housing is clocked wrong if it is even clockable??

Gvr41415

I have a feeling that the ebay 20g compressor housing might stick out more than my old ebay e3b16g, not sure ill need to measure tommorow.

EHmotorsports

The coolant lines do not look like they are in the correct locations. I will take pics tomorrow and post them up for you.

Barnes

That doesn't look like a 20g to me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

EHmotorsports

It's probably the 16g with 20g wheel they are selling. I have one also.

null-26.jpg

null-25.jpg

null-24.jpg

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned