The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Anyone using CXR TD05 Big 20G Turbo?

fuel

^^ this guy is onto something..

The genuine MHI compressor housings also have other marks between the two wastegate actuator mounts as seen here:
IMGP1947.jpg

The aftermarket copies don't, as seen here:
IMG_3834.jpg

Gvr41415

Dang i thought i had a chance.very interesting tho... are these tiwan whatever turbos same quality or better than the ebays?

Racah15

Nope, same thing, different location. Mine didn't last long. Actually it did. Kind of. And I think toybreaker can shine some light on this too. But, as with eBay turbos, this is also a hit and miss. They were raved about for the longest time. Then the actual creator of them confessed that they were junk. "But the ones that last, will last and perform just like or better than the MHI unit" Not a direct quote, but the basic gist of it.
It's up to you.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned