The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Anyone heard of this 20g??

This sneaky-Pete is stock appearing on the outside and all business on the inside. Featuring the 44 lb/min performance of the TD06 20G compressor wheel and a clipped TD05H turbine wheel in a 7cm2 nozzle area turbine housing, this turbo comes on hard and will set you back in the seat. To reduce boost creep, the turbine housing must be ported and is included in the price of the turbo. If your engine/application is heavily modified, Blouch Turbo recommends an external gate configuration to maintain proper boost control or upgrading to the TD06H high flow turbine wheel to reduce exhaust manifold/turbine housing backpressure. The Eclipse TD05H-20G is based upon a brand new genuine Mitsubishi turbo direct from Mitsubishi Turbo North America and requires no modification (internal gate version) to intake, exhaust, oil and coolant connections for installation.

img.php

throughfaith323

yo mike,

i think its a 16g housing with 20g internals for people that race for money. makes it look like thwey got a smaller turbo.

Rausch

Quoting Hertz:
Quote:
Mitsubishi Turbo North America

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bs.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

14bCrazy

Forced Performance has been making one for years. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

click

They were great back before we had the EVO3 16G's available. I believe some guys called it a Sleeper 16G. The EVO3 is a better bang for the buck I believe.

I actully think this is better it flow more than the E16G( 390 hp) this rated at (440hp) I think it's like 44lbs a minute also..

turbowop

IMO, if you want a bigger turbo, get a bigger turbo. If you want a 16g footprint, get an Evo3 16g. The sleeper 16g is purely for looks/sleeper effect. The smaller compressor housing hinders the performance of the 20g wheel crammed inside of it.

Olson

i saw you posted this over on the tuners web site. alot of subaru guys are running these things and makeing good power. search on nasioc.com in the proven power forum and see what you find over there.

TakumiJr

Quoting mac515:
I actully think this is better it flow more than the E16G( 390 hp) this rated at (440hp) I think it's like 44lbs a minute also..

Like keydiver said, evo3 16g is better bang for the buck. I've seen over 40lb/min+ on my EVO3 16g, 11.51@121mph timeslip, and 390awhp at 26psi. Theres some guys out there making 420+awhp with E85 and not to mention such a great street turbo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hey Tak, So you have seen 390AWP on pump at 26psi on a E16G? I thought that was only good on E85. Also was that a stock block? Or was it on cams, and port work?

Lonewolf64

Mac, do yourself a favor and ignore 95% of what you hear on DSM looney tuners. Most people who post there are idiots, with a few gems in between. You will find much better advice from several of the knowledgeable posters on this board.

Thanx Lonewolf I'm taking bits and peices from every where. LOL I do listen to most of whats on here as a now a few people on here personaly but not there is always some truth in everything... The issue is find out what that is ..LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif 1 thing I am doing is paying attention on what the Suby guys say. A ton of them run Blouch on their cars.. I had to sing up on a forum.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif. Flame suit is ready.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

14bCrazy

I used to have a WRX. Don't go by what they say because turbo's act way different on a 4G63 then they do on a boxer engine. If I were you and I want a upgrade I would go for a Forced Performance Green. It is more money but is a lot better than what your looking at.

conquesttsi

I love Scooby's. My daily is a legacy wagon. So ez to work on, so many interchangable parts between models...anyways back on topic.

x2 on the FP Green..Sick street turbo for the 4g63

Quoting 14bCrazy:
I used to have a WRX. Don't go by what they say because turbo's act way different on a 4G63 then they do on a boxer engine. If I were you and I want a upgrade I would go for a Forced Performance Green. It is more money but is a lot better than what your looking at.

Really I was told over on the Suby site that a member has this turbo on his car and got 390AWHP out of it. thats exactly what I'm looking for /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. but how differnt is it. 5-10 WHP is fine with me. Don't get me wrong I can get a FP Green for close to what this turbo cost but I think it may be a little over kill for me./??

throughfaith323

all roads are pointing green mac. help the environment...go green /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts