The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Turbo question

Jesh

Pretty simple really... would you buy this turbo? are they prone to major failures? Or are they pretty solid?
click

I await your criticism /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Whoodoo

So its a mitsu flanged turbine housing? If that's true, then can you really get it divided? That would be super sweet. In the very distant future I want to get a divided exhuast on 62, but the options for small(er) divided turbos are really lacking.

Jesh

Yes from what i understand you can get a divided mitsu style housing with this turbo. ( I don't think you can get it with a interal gate though.)I stumbled across this turbo last night and I'm very tempted to give it a try. Just wondering if anyone has run it?

KiNgMaRtY

Everyone had their mixed reactions to PTE. I personally owned a BB 50Trim and didn't have any problems with it.

mitsuturbo

PTE turbochargers are fine. It's their turbine housings that i don't care for.

If it were me, i'd just spend the extra monies for an FP setup. Then again, i bought my 3076r in some POS reworked shitsubishi turbine housing some years ago, and just NOW have updated it to full "FP spec" with the addition of their turbine housing. That's another route to consider. If you get that turbo with the T31 turbine as offered, you could pick up the "cheap" FP hotside, as they're only $199 rather than $399, then get a nice wastegate to hang off of it as well.

I believe that would definitely make your turbo more valuable and useful.

Last edited:

belize1334

You'll need a custom manifold to take advantage of a divide housing.

SleepinGVR4

Quoting belize1334:
You'll need a custom manifold to take advantage of a divide housing.

Why? If it was divided wouldn't it just be like any other mitsubishi exhaust housing?

Boostdtalon

Quoting mitsuturbo:

If it were me, i'd just spend the extra monies for an FP setup. Then again, i bought my 3076r in some POS reworked shitsubishi turbine housing some years ago, and just NOW have updated it to full "FP spec" with the addition of their turbine housing. That's another route to consider. If you get that turbo with the T31 turbine as offered, you could pick up the "cheap" FP hotside, as they're only $199 rather than $399, then get a nice wastegate to hang off of it as well.

Why do you not like their housings?

TylerAdamson

On the PTE turbo's they aren't talking about a divided inlet, they are referring to dividing the wastegate outlet from the turbine outlet. Using the undivided housing you would need a custom o2 housing and using the divided housing you could use the common 1g/2g/Evo3 housings.

Undivided

A-01_PTurbine_Hsg-Undivided_wWGate.jpg

Divided

pte_35r_mitsubishi2.jpg

Jesh

Quoting mitsuturbo:

Interesting idea, i might have to give that a try.

Turboman_456

That is a nice unit.I was not aware that there was a Dual Ball Bearing turbo for the DSMs that was not some big ass GT35R or something like that.I think I'm in love. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned