The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Turbo Prices

mountaineerjeff

I dont know if its just me, but I feel like the price of real MHI turbos have dropped pretty dramatically recently. I feel like when I started looking for a turbo a year ago prices were much higher. So im looking to get rid of the jdm 16g that I have. its off a galant evo. and upgrade to something a bit bigger, maybe a 18 or 20g, I know that there are newer more efficient turbos out there, but I dont know what they are, Ive got to find something that will bolt up to my manifold and 02 housing.

So my question is, how much should I be looking to get out of my s16g? and
other than the 20g what similar turbo will bolt up and be close in price and quality?

Any PTE, AGP, whatever bolt on 50 trim will probably cost you the same as a 20g.

red90awd

What are your power goals and supporting mod list?

I would say a 16g would go for 200 - 300 depending on condition.

Im a big fanboy of Forced Performance Turbos' they are proven, reliable turbos. Im a reall big fanboy of the FP30 series turbos, due to their bolt on / flow characteristics. Youll pay a bit more, but you get what you pay for.

+1 I definitely wouldn't cheap out on a turbo. You'll find yourself buying a new one in a matter of months if you do. As for the 16g, I agree with the 2 to 3 hundred range depending on condition, shaft play, ect....,

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts