The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

BOV location for my new IC setup

belize1334

There's a small L-bracket on the underside of the IC that bolts to the top of the transmission so the whole thing will "float" with the engine as opposed to being anchored to the chassis. The turbo outlet pipe is actually the 1G RRE pipe but I cut it, clocked it about 90* and the re-welded it. Don't ask for pics cause you don't want to see them. I'm a LOUSY welder. The elbow that you see in the image is actually just a piece of 2" mandrel aluminum but I plan to someday incorporate that whole thing into the outlet elbow and only have two silicone couplers in the whole system. The 3" 90* elbow was welded on by Richie (324vr4) and constitutes the main fabrication hurdle to make this beast go. The water-neck is the big success for getting it all running since neither a 1G nor GVR-4 water neck give clearance for the core. That thing came off of a '89 n/a eclipse w/ a 420a motor (I think) and aside from the extra radiator cap in the system it's perfect.

Last edited:

^The 420a only came in the n/t 2g's.

The 1g's either had the n/t 4g63 or the 1.8l.

belize1334

^^ It definitely wasn't a 4G so I guess that makes it a 1.8L. Whatever it was it looked like a pile but the water-neck was a match made in heaven.

fivestardsm

Definetly a 1.8^^

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned