The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

The ultimate street galant in the making? Cheekychimp's

cheekychimp

Quote:
Will this car ever be completed?

Of course it will. It has been a long time I know but everything is relative and it depends how you look at it. I don't think I've done anything different than a lot of guys on this board ... I know many of you have been hoarding parts for a long time ... I just started documenting things earlier.

A lot of thought has gone into this project. I could have rushed things and cut corners but I didn't want to. You have seem some of the pretty unique stuff that is going on this car. Some of these parts had to be special ordered, others were custom one-offs that had to be specially built. AND as always with projects of this nature there are problems and setbacks. Who would have guessed a GGSX rear ring gear wouldn't clear the LSD necessitating a rebuild not only of the rear diff but the whole gearbox as well !!!

Don't expect it to be done tomorrow but look at the progress Larry has made. I am as anxious as you to see these parts on their way (hopefully by next week) but once they arrive, progress should then be pretty swift.

Paul.

curtis

Damn Paul I wish I could be there when your shipping container hits the docks. Its like 100 Christmas days all rolled into one.

Quote:
Will this car ever be completed?

Anything worth doing is worth doing well, grasshopper.

twkd

Doc_Seuss

i can not wait to see this car completed. The thing that saddens me, and im sure others is that i will never see this car in person. Argh come on just ship the car over for a huge galant meet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

dave

Quote:
i can not wait to see this car completed. The thing that saddens me, and im sure others is that i will never see this car in person. Argh come on just ship the car over for a huge galant meet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

dave

I'll hopefully be seeing the car in it's complete state next year and maybe get a to ride in it also /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

John

Bimmubishi

Guys, we're trying to get these three crates shipped the week of Oct 1. Everyone needs to get everything for Paul to our shop by then. No slacking. I'm tired of waiting for misc. small parts to arrive.

Alex

Al,

Contact me when you know for sure on when you the pick up or if you have someone else to do the pick up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

John

Bimmubishi

One little issue today. Paul, Paolo, you guys can deal with this one. The decklid showed up in a cardboard wrapper. It was damaged much as you would expect from showing up with the protection of one layer of cardboard. The corner is cracked and there's some other damage see pics. It also doesn't fit in the crate which means we'll have to ship it seperately if you still want it.

holeshotmoe

So Paul, once the crates clear HK customs, what's the timeline on getting this "Bauhinian Beast" (that would be flower monster, right?) put together and making time? A week right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Will you have a team of doctors standing by to do the surgery? Just curious when we can expect our copies of the assembly, test, and tune DVD's. I bet you're drooling at the thought of being pinned to the seat, kinda like this:

JB

Quote:
It was damaged much as you would expect from showing up with the protection of one layer of cardboard.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

14bCrazy

I hope you have it done by next year. If so bring it by the airport to show me. We will be coming though Hong Kong on our way to China.

cheekychimp

Hell Yeah,

I could do that, we can have a drink or food at the airport if you are on a fast transfer or if you have 6 hours or something like my friends did on their way to New Zealand we could even go out for dinner.

Paul.

4orced4door

Sorry to see the carbon fiber carnage Paul! Hope you get something worked out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Yeah, that's BS. My trunk lid was cracked and chipped when I received it as well. It sucks that they can't ship them any better than that!

cheekychimp

Paulo is going to refund the money to me for now and start working on a new trunk for the car ... this was unfortunate but his attitude as a vendor has impressed me. I still want his CF trunk on the VR4. I could probably get one made here but I've got this thing about building 'our' monster out of galantvr4.org parts.

I don't know how to go about shipping when the time comes though ... I guess I will have to have another crate made.

But anyhow that's for me to worry about ... I just wanted it on record that Paulo was 100% straight up on this.

Paul.

turboflanagan

I wonder what the size restrictions are for "baggage" on an international flight. If someone was coming over there, maybe you could just pay extra baggage fee and get it on the flight.

cheekychimp

That would be nice ... but it certainly wouldn't make hand luggage and I'm not sure it would fair any better in the hold than it would with one of UPS' box throwers ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Still if anyone knows an Airline Captain who would do us a favour ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Ack I just dropped off a coworker to the airport yesterday to go to HK. If's it's not too big, I can ask when my other coworkers bring it to you whenever they come over or just wait until Jan 29th /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

John

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts