The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

The gradual build of 33 of 1000

ronnycordova

Figured I'd post up a thread of my build that I've recently started. Parts are slowly rolling in and I hope to get the engine pulled out this winter to pop the new one in.

Fresh off the truck after purchasing the car

Front struts were shot when I got it so threw a set of K-Sports on shortly after

riding hellafl- yeah no we fixed that

K-Sports installed

Picked up a bare block from a friend already hot tanked, bored and powder coated

Got lucky on an ebay gamble buying these from some guy in Japan for $150 for the set and they turned out to be legit

Arias pistons and Eagle rods

A bounty of ARP hardware

I may or may not have ran the core plugs through my brass tumbler...

Picked up a set of Volks here on the forums

Close-up

Decked head with Kiggly springs and titanium retainers

Currently sitting in my kitchen awaiting parts

Big box of OEM goodies just arrived

Thanks for looking- any questions or input is appreciated

Last edited:

matt92vr4

Awesome! (love the engine/kitchen combo)

DynastyLCD

nice build! looks like you're in for a hell of a street car setup!

what turbo did you choose?

ronnycordova

Got my rims back from powdercoat the other day and figured I'd post up a picture of them. Now I need to pick out a new paint color for it to match them. On the fence between Platinum White Pearl or Glacier Frost Mica...anyone have any thoughts between the two?

Also picked up a twin-disc powertrain clutch

Last edited:

rdomeck

Not sure if you want to ask this forum what color you should paint something when you post up purple wheels /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Vr4junkie

Are you planning on repainting the rims to one of those 2 colors ?

Gmoney1983

The way I read he just got the rims painted that color and wants the car one of the colors he mentioned. Although in my opinion the wheels looked way better white.

ronnycordova

Those Volks were from 1996 so 16 years of use didn't leave the original powder coat in the best of shape. Sorry I worded that a bit weird, I was referring to the paint color of the car- the original paint is still pretty good but I was just tossing the idea around as a friend who owns a body shop offered to do it for me at cost.

GSX_TC

Did you have Justin from detective coatings Powdercoat those wheels for you? Because I think I saw these In his pictures recently.

ronnycordova

This build is turning into a parts collection in my kitchen but getting closer to getting it together- manifold is getting finished once my new hotside shows up and from there I can finally start stripping the car down.

PTE 6262 BB

MellowVR4

I say don't paint the car

ronnycordova

That kind of got put on the back burner for now. I've too much other work to do on it to worry about what color it is. If I end up doing anything with it I more than likely will do a vinyl wrap.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned