The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New VR4 owner #33 of 1000

ronnycordova

Just picked up #33 of 1000, 155,000 miles, crack-free cherry leather, zero rust (with the exception of the bumper cover brackets on the sides), engine runs well and shifts smooth. Overall I think I found a pretty nice one compared to most of the ones I've seen pop up on ebay or craigslist from time to time. I've had a bunch of cars over the years but this is my first DSM so it should make for an interesting build.

gal1e.jpg

By bisonbarsinc at 2011-10-20
gal3.jpg

gal2x.jpg

GSX_TC

for the love of god please dont call it a DSM! welcome aboard, and thanks for posting pics. read this click and this click

ronnycordova

I'm just glad to finally have the thing, I went through hell with the guy I bought it from on ebay. Took over 60 days to get the car, guy lied about some engine issues and various other things, told me he would refund $600 of which I have yet to and never will see. In the end though I'm pretty happy with it and after pulling out the bosch spark plugs and fixing the engine timing it runs like a champ.

GSX_TC

Quoting FavNumber:
Welcome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif pics didnt work

pics work for me, and im just using my phone.

minneSNOWta

Welcome Ronny. Is this car stock?

Quoting ronnycordova:
I'm just glad to finally have the thing, I went through hell with the guy I bought it from on ebay. Took over 60 days to get the car, guy lied about some engine issues and various other things, told me he would refund $600 of which I have yet to and never will see. In the end though I'm pretty happy with it and after pulling out the bosch spark plugs and fixing the engine timing it runs like a champ.

That's common in this community but once you get past that and fix the issues without taking shortcuts you'll really enjoy the car. It looks really clean, cool number too.

These cars are not dsm's. Dsm stands for diamond star motors which was the joint venture between mitsu and Chrysler. The dsm's were engineered by mitsu but assembled in Normal, Illinois. The galant was engineered by mitsu, assembled in Japan by mitsu and then shipped here.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned