The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ggsxkids build up of 1692, My build thread.

ggsxkid

alright well i put the car up around august or so and made this thread 1692 as i said in that thread that i had plans of building the motor and trans over the winter and doing a high compression 16g setup like tom n's but plans changed a lil.... i found a 20g for cheap on here with an external tial 38mm on the o2 setup, im still doing a magnus 9:1 with scat rods and bs removal motor though. i also plan on doing some suspension, as of right now i have a whiteline 24mm front and a 26 mm rear siting in the garage and im probly gonna go with k sports for stiffness and strutbars to match. i might to a full bushing kit if not ill def do some of them.

i am very partial to build threads i find them to be pretty cool, i also like to see something take shape from what it was to what it is. my car may not be the "sickest" GVR4 ever but like i said i enjoy build threads and critical comments are wanted! i will constantly be doing/buying things and taking pics and posting up on here for the build up.

so here we go!! i started off with pulling the motor in early october

100_0354.jpg

100_0353.jpg

then i broke down the motor to a shortblock/bareblock. soon enough i will be sending the motor out to be bored .020 over and the crank to get polished.

100_0361.jpg

100_0358.jpg

100_0357.jpg

well after that i had no money so.... i cleaned! the engine bay that is. i have some before pics in the begining you can tell when you hit the afters... the bay had an engine coating on it that looked like s*%# because it had started to yellow, i got most of it off except for around the shock towers. but if anyone has successfully gotten it all of i would like to know how!!!

100_0365.jpg

100_0366.jpg

100_0367.jpg

100_0373.jpg

100_0375.jpg

100_0371.jpg

then came the turbo and the o2 housing, both were used and the turbo has no shaftplay!!!

100_0390.jpg

100_0391.jpg

next i bought some cosworth valvesprings from jesse, thanks again! cosworth says these things are good to 13k... but ill only be reving to 8500.

100_0386.jpg

and just recently i got a bunch of random parts, scat rods, oem waterpump, and a topline oil pump.

100_0419.jpg

100_0427.jpg

100_0426.jpg

as of right now im getting ready to send the trans out to tre for the stage 2 build with steel shiftforks and a speed design 4 spider center diff!!!

Last edited:

Flip4G63

I love build up threads... On a side note you spelled "build" (Guild) a few times.... you should take all the brackets off while you can get to them and get them cleaned up/ re painted to that new clean look once again.

keep the updates coming!

CutlassJim

Hey that oil pump looks familiar. Car is looking good! I love build threads also so keep those pics coming. I'm hoping to rip into #797 soon and this makes me want to start even more.

1gnasty

let me ask you a q', if u are not going to be reving that high, why choose a spring with such a high seat preasure?is not going to do u any good, i would go with something more suted to your needs

IncorpoRatedX

lookin good kid.

now hook me up with an OEM oil pump lol

ggsxkid

Quote:
let me ask you a q', if u are not going to be reving that high, why choose a spring with such a high seat preasure?is not going to do u any good, i would go with something more suted to your needs

well thats the thing i still havent decided whether or not i will keep them considering i have to find stock evo 8/9 retainers to use them (the springs are for evos). and i got them for 250 shipped, ther 300 brand new from cosworth. so i may sell these and buy a crower set that comes with titanium retainers, just havent decided yet.

BadVr4

looks good, my opinion would be to stay away from topline oil pumps though, we had 3 of them fail in 1 year. its been a while since i have seen a oem one fail, but hey its your motor.

464/2K

looks very good! your crazy for doing that stuff on the rocks.

Brianawd

Don't use the topline oil pump. There are junk. Have seen lots of them go out.

464/2K

because rocks poke and hurt like a mo fo on the back. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/hsugh.gif

ggsxkid

meh you get use to it i guess, sometimes i have a piece of plywood but most of the time i just deal with it since its all ive got. i don't have an actual garage. i have a storage room under my house that i call a garage.

Talk about savage back yard mechanic extrordinair.(did I spell that right?) Nice work!

G

Staff member
Looks nice!

ggsxkid

Well its been like 2 years sice ive touched this thread so i thought i might dust it off to let everyone know that the car has finally somewhat come together.

The shortblock is built and waiting for me to bolt on the head.

specs are as follows

shortblock:
.030 over ross pistons
scat rods
arp main studs
brand new oem oil pump/front cover with all new gears
ams race balance shaft eliminator kit
new oem water pump
torque plate honed
mains were torqued down with the arps nd then line bored

head:
stripped than sent to be hot tanked
stock valves
BC singles with titainium retianers
GSC s1 265's

The setup has also once again changed. . . i am now going to run the new fp tdo6 18g. . . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Other than that the car hasnt changed much more from its orginal setup.

When i go home again to put it all back together and start it ill put more updates/pictures up. As i live in nashville tn and i am in the process of moving down ther.

Adam

stealthtt24

Looks good, quick question, did you use the simple green in the pic to clean the engine bay?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned