The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

squeezing out the HP

diambo4life

Cams used are also going to affect static compression #s. I think my 9.1:1 C.R. Talon used to blow 160 across with BC 280s.

G

Staff member
The big port is $1500 directly from HT. I wouldn't buy one from a vendor since they are made to order. I know it's not the end all part to get him where he wants to be in power but imo it's a step in the right direction that he won't outgrow. No budget mentioned in the original post so why not wild part opinions? His 2.5" ic piping would keep the Ht from seeing it's max potential anyway.

I wish buschur had tested a jun manifold. Now this one is 2k plus and supposedly creates banshee raped ape powerz.

702746_10151145056051596_1323874153_n.jpg

Last edited:

slugsgomoo

If we're talking about sh*t that will cause minimal power gains but is awesome and expensive... He should definitely get the magnus dry sump. There is some gain to be had, plus you'll be safe revving the motor much higher due to the better oil pressure control.

Or we could suggest sh*t that's not retarded, since I'm guessing if it were budget unrestricted he'd have left lucas the car and said "make 'xyz' horsepower on 'blah' fuel" and then returned to pick it up. Given that wasn't the case, I'm guessing we're dealing with a more typical situation where dollars need to be spent more usefully.

I'll also point out that a friend of mine is making enough power on a 6266gen2 to run a full weight automatic 9.55 @ 147 with a magnus cast intake manifold. I don't think the OP is going to be outgrowing his manifold any time soon unless he's looking for 8 second ET's, and even then shitloads of cars have gone there with less.

turbohf

Quoting G:
Now this one is 2k plus and supposedly creates banshee raped ape powerz.

702746_10151145056051596_1323874153_n.jpg

2g's? and uses stock cutup manifold and a Honda idle air valve (kinda ghetto mounted for 2k)? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

G

Staff member
Because jdm race car.

G

Staff member
Hypertune made +43 over the stock manifold.
Hypertune made +51 over the old magnus.

Fin~

GSTwithPSI

Uh, ok. What's that got to do with IC piping? I want to know at what point does 2.5" IC piping become a restriction? You said it, so I'm ASSuming you know?

slugsgomoo

Quoting G:
Hypertune made +43 over the stock manifold.
Hypertune made +51 over the old magnus.

Fin~

That thread posted was during buschur's spat with marco and his results in there were dis-proven about the v1 magnus all over the place. For what it's worth, if you want compare numbers I like dynojets because you can't f*** with the output (assuming no correction factors) like you can with a DD/mustang.

If you look at the actual sheets from marco on the cast manifold it's +40hp on an Evo over the stock manifold on a factory turbo...

click

tons of other tests confirm I'm not crazy, but whatever.

There is no possible way that a sheet metal manifold with a big plenum and shorter runners makes less power than the tiny plenum stock manifold with long runners, especially on a big turbo car like dave is using. I'd also point out that unless you're revving high and have a very well built setup, the maximum gains from a manifold are going to be well out of reach.

G

Staff member
If you buy a hypertune your car may run 6's. > click click

Last edited:

Jesus_Negros

I'm sold.

89Patches

Ya run 6's with a different motor and a unlimited budget /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

G Just stop now and go back to selling JDM as f*** parts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

G

Staff member
No nos in that vid.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned