The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Small 16G?

RedTwo

Call me a n00b but which cars, if any, came with the small 16g from the factory? Also which came with the T25?

Tre3zy

small 16g is an oem replacement for evo 1-3 i think... and the t25's came from 2g dsm's....

Brunoboy

s16g is a JDM Galant vr4 and I think Evo 1, B16g is Evo 2 and EVO3B16g...well you get the hint. 2g=T25

H05TYL

No JDM cars came with small 16G's.

vr4 evo, evo 1 and 2 all came with the same 68mm exducer Big16G. Evo 3's came with a slightly different compressor wheel of the same dimensions.

I suspected this after pulling apart several vr4 evo and evo 1 turbo's that supposedly should have been small 16g's and discovering they had the bigger wheel, eventually it was confirmed by the vr4 homologation papers (available on this site).

RedTwo

Yeah, VR4 16G, and Evo 1 & 2 16G use the same CRHA in ASA. I can't seem to find any cars that come with the small 16G, which annoys me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned